Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-11-2005, 10:18 PM   #11

Re: Booster Jabs

Donna, I have Cassie vaccinated mainly because she goes into a Cattery every year when we are on holiday and catteries refuse to take your cat unless it has been fully vaccinated. Saying that I think I would still get her done even if she didn't go in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-11-2005, 10:22 PM   #12

Hi Mags

I dont think mine would ever go to a cattery (cant afford a holiday boo hoo!!) but having said that, am thankful for everyone's opinion.

Everyone on this forum has the experience of being a cat owner that I do not have yet. Dont want to make mistakes.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #13

Donna, you ask all the questions you want....there is nearly always someone who will be able to help you and give you advice....after all, you only want the best for your little ones don't you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #14

Donna I think you are being very sensible and asking questions, afterall that is what we are all here for, helping each other out.

Another item to consider as a new cat owner is insurance, I have both of my cats insured (especially after my prevous cats vets bills came to about £1,000 in the space of 6 weeks) Have you thought about this? I think it is really good especially if your cats are going to go outside.

Just a thought

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #15

Thank you !!

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 10:34 PM   #16

Hi Emma,

Yes I do have my kitties insured. I decided straight away to do this because could not afford a massive unexpected bill!!

When I got Misty she was given to me and came from rather a "sorry" household - she was thin and scrawny and seemed so pathetic. She ended up having antibiotics immediately I got her home due to an infection.

Because of this I decided to play safe with insurance!!

Needless to say since I got her a year ago she is now a super fit healthy happy little rascal!!

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 10:36 PM   #17

Excellent stuff, although I do not think insurance is totally essential, my previous cat Lucy wasn't insured and was more or less trouble free for 11 years and she did go outside, vets bills and the like never seem to come along when we have much money spare!!

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #18

Thats so true!!

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #19

So far I have found the pet insurance excellent, (I am with Directline), I wish though that they did one that did cover the boosters though, even if I was paying more a month.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-11-2005, 10:42 PM   #20

Do Direct Line have a cover for life Emma? Where by they will pay out for a single condition for the whole of a cat's life or do they just pay out to a maximum for one condition?