Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #1

Good Morning!

Been raining here, but brightened up now, feeling great this morning, Maggie is sleeping all night...
Nothing planned, have roast pork for dinner....apart from that, going to have a lazy day...
Hope everyone and all furbies are well this morning..................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #2

Re: Good Morning!

Roast chicken for us today. We were going to join a cocker walk in the New Forest but I twisted my knee rather badly so we had to pull out of that and it's left us at a bit of a loose end. We'll fill the day with pointless tasks like cleaning out the spare freezer and making lists of things to make to fill it up again!

Yesterday evening seemed to be the big firework fest round here, fortunately the animals coped well with it. The cats stayed upstairs, on or under the sofa-bed in the spare room with a litter tray nearby and the dog isn't at all bothered by wizz-bang noises anyway. Hope everyone else's pets got through the firework parties ok!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
08-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #3

Same here Moli. Getting OH too cook dinner as the kids wont eat mine they say i burn everything. Just watching tv and going too try too relax the rest of the day. Kids are happly watching tv cats are all quiet so its bliss here. Going now to make a cuppa have too go in the fridge to get milk so the kittens will dive on me for there daily treat of ham they love it. When i get it out its like feeding time at the zoo. Hope you all have a nice day X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #4

Hi all! Miserable grey day here and raining atm. It absolutely tipped down last evening and I suppose that if neighbours had fireworks planned they postponed it. So far, Friday was the loudest evening and even that wasn't bad enough to scare Kizzy or Pip.

OH has gone up to MrsH's neck of the woods today to pick up a chair from a friend. It's a nice leather recliner to replace his very uncomfortable chair inherited from his mum's house. He may or may not be able to get it in the car! I am therefore MIL sitting and cat cuddler in chief until he gets back. MIL has been wandering looking for a phone book to phone her father to come and pick her up because she's been told to get out again. I had to tell her that she's had another bad dream and that her daddy died a long time ago. It is so sad - I quite understand people wanting put an end to it.

Been doing some housework too and playing Fishdom Spooky Splash on the computer - don't try it, it's addictive!

Sausages for supper tonight. Last night's minestrone was absolutely lovely, we'll be having that again! Actually, quite fancy roast chicken .......... ah well.

So sorry to hear you twisted your knee MrsH - how did you manage that? Hope your knee feels more comfortable soon.

It's getting very dark here - I'm going to have to go and put some lights on - we're obviously due for another downpour.

Just meant to ask Eileen - when you post your temperature are you using Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #5

Angie - I twisted my knee trying to rescue a biro from under the dining table before mr-fastest-mover-in-the-world-cocker-spaniel got to it first to eat it up! I'm not always very flexible due to my RA and moved a bit too quickly and lost my balance! Feel a bit of an idiot but it'll be better with a bit of a rest.

What time's your OH dropping in then? lunch is nearly ready, but there's no pud!

Sorry you're having to cope with MIL's condition, it must be so distressing. My own parents died in their 60's so I never had to face that but I regret the fact that they didn't get to see their grandchildren beyond babyhood.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #6

Hiya all

Its oklay weather wise here a good day for Novemeber...I will go out and take some pics of the tubs.

Had bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast...really nice.

Not doing much watched the rememberance day parade on the telly as I've changed the lightbulbs, and cleaned the lights....amazing how much dust gets in light fittings, just the landing to go now.

David Haye won the boxing last night I see. Bit like David and Goliath.

Trying to decide if to put my acers in the garden into tubs...bringing them closer to the house......not sure but saw a friends yesterday and they looked amazing.

ANy how descisions descisions........have agood day all sorry about your knee MrsH I'd hate that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #7

Hi all. Indian Summer here today, already 17 (63F) degrees and brilliant sunshine, very nice!! To the market for a crab cake and fresh peas, among other things, for tonight's dinner. I have to call the plumber tomorrow as the downstairs toilet is running and I cannot stop it... going to be a horrid water bill!!

Sorry about the knee, MrsH; so painful. Do take it easy. Angie, I've been using Celsius here as I thought that was what you all used; however on OFF I'm using both (as above) as someone questioned it. That is so sad about MIL, dreadful for you and OH. Kado, can you get a pic of the kittens ham feeding frenzy??

Enjoy the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #8

Hello. I've been out on my bike. 16miles today. Then got back and been doing CP stuff all day. Was a bit behind on paperwork - although I don't seem to be much further forward to be honest. My friend came round for coffee which was nice. Mom & Dad have just whizzed in to use our shower as there's is out of action whilst they get their bathroom redone - still got loads to do, so better get to it.