Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #1

Cancel christmas

Lord I have just spoken to a friend who wants to cancel Christmas
totally unlike her really.This is why

She has been married for 16 years and they have three children 14, 10 and 7 they always have her Mom and Dad and his Mom (his Dad died 4 years ago) and her brother in law who is unmarried for Christmas dinner/day. Plus her aunt who is widowed and started to come a couple of years ago.

It appears no one now offers to help - although she admits she says "No,I'm fine to any offers of help"
therefore they have all stopped offering I imagine.

This year her husand said enough is enough, and it was about time someone took a turn. After she ended last Christams day night in tears.
The family was given good notice that this year they would not be inviting anyone, but that they would more than willing to pop to someone else's for Christmas or Boxing day.

And she was miffed not one of them offered, her Mom and Dad are going to he
r sisters on boxing day and having christmas day with their feet up in quiet. Doing nothing - they are happy and dropping the children's presents out on xmas eve.

Her aunt has decided to go abroad with friends from her club
she's off to Spain.

Her mother in law is going to her other sons boxing day and she and her unmarriedson are going out for dinner Christmas day - something apparently they have always wanted to do.
And he is going to help with "homeless christmas"

The children are upset now they realise no one is coming they wat Nanny Grandad, Nan and Auntie and the lads want Uncle Sean as he is "ace at games"

So in reality she now thinks she's cut off her nose to spite her face and to top it all no one has asked them round for anything

Families eh......who'd have 'em.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #2

Re: Cancel christmas

I'm sure the season does bring out some bad traits, and I understand your friend being fed up being dogsbody (and I understand her refusing offers to help; I'm a bit like that myself)

But - everyone else sems happy with the arrangements so she and her immediate family have a great opportunity to do just whatever they want to. Go mad!

We had a throwaway barbie on the beach on xmas day a couple of years ago...............it was great!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #3

Oh dear. I can understand how upset she is, but also for offers of help not to be forthcoming (even if rejected) is a bit much from the rest of her family. Surely to bring something over food-wise to swell the table wouldn't be too much for them?

My brother is also off to 'help the homeless'. But that is a (long) story that I won't hijack this thread with

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-12-2005, 03:19 PM   #4

Oh dear I can relate to that in some ways but won't go into it now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
16-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #5

That's a shame but atleast they have the day to do whatever they like.

I like the idea of a throw away barbie on the beach