Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #11

Re: Do you do any excercise

I think it is all too obsesive. It's all about moderation. That's what I think

If you label it 'diet' then it becomes an issue/problem/challenge. Just eat healthily and not too much and get SOME (emphasis not shouting) exercise and all should (in theory) be well

So I shall be down the gym come 27th Dec and vowing not to eat lardy stuff again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-12-2005, 12:37 AM   #12

I think I get enough exercise walking the dogs, riding the horse and mucking out his stable every day. Mind you I have put a stone in weight on since we downsized from 3 horses down to 1

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #13

I do Pilates regularly - 2/3/4 times per week, maximum 20 minutes a session.
I've got a piece of equipment which makes it so easy and it just entails stretching, toning and balancing, really. No breathlessness, sweating or going pink required! I knew i wouldn't be *rsed to get special clothing and drag myself off to the gym, so thought I'd invest in a home system. It's more than paid for itself.
It's incredibly good for you, keeps everything properly balanced, muscles appropriately toned etc.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #14

DM, you have reminded me that I have got a Pilates video somewhere, had it for Christmas a couple of years ago and I've never looked at it! I think I'll hunt it out after Christmas and 'have a go'!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
16-12-2005, 10:30 AM   #15

I use a '6 second Abs' thingy and hubby bought me a Timeworks FX machine which is great. The abs thingy only takes about 5mins a day and the FX machine is 4mins a day. I also shocked hubby yesterday, went shopping and not one piece of junk food was bought, no crips, chocolates biscuits, nothing like that. I was dead chuffed with myself altho hubby wasn't too impressed by the food bill

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #16

Naomi you sound a bit like me, if it wasn't for the other half my shopping list would look incredibly healthy!!! lol and I normally only eat veg, fruit and meat. I don't normally eat crips, chocolate bars, rubbish. Although I do like cheese

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
16-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #17

I walk my own dogs, and up to 118 at work, those twice a day during peak times. I dont do any specific exercise other than that.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
16-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #18

Dawn after all that walking I shouldn't think you needed anymore exercise

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
18-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #19

sice being diagnosed with angina,ive had to eat a sensible low fat diet (quite boring) and im due to go for assesment up at the hospital for an exersise/diet/anti stress course.all designed to make my life happier and healther.
at the moment all i do is a walk (not too far as i get tired quickly)but getting better each day