Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
14-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #1

Tragic news concerning one of the kittens..

Just received what has to be one of the saddest phone calls ever..one of the kittens died this morning
The big tortie girl with lots of ginger on her face passed away in my aunts arms at half past 10 this morning, no idea as of yet why she died-PM being done by vet this afternoon. Was very sleepy last night apparentlly. Most sad..just four weeks old and gone to the bridge
she was such a sweet wee lass..quiet yet liked the fuss-her new mummy n daddy and family are also sadder than one can describe-is a very sombre day today.
Megan, mama cat, is apparentlly very estranged and feverentlly checking for the kitten to turn up..and the other two kittens seem very 'confused'. These are going to be watched like a hawk and taken to the vets (our vet surgery, which is where the PM is being done and is a different vets to which has seen the litter previouslly) later today to ensure nothing is wrong with these..
What i can't get my head around is not the week just past but week afore that they were at the vets when one had a sticky eye and this vet (its a new practise opened up by the aunt n uncles house) gave them a clean bill of health and said they were all fine..most odd.
Such a sad and sombre day...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #2

Re: Tragic news concerning one of the kittens..

Sweet little baby.
Maybe (probably?) something she was born with .... heart defect or something? As long as there isn't an infection the others might get - but surely there would be some symptoms?

Oh Luke - I am sorry. Just did a 'who's online' and saw you were creating a post in Gone but Not Forgotten. Opened it very sdaly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
14-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum

Sweet little baby.
Maybe (probably?) something she was born with .... heart defect or something? As long as there isn't an infection the others might get - but surely there would be some symptoms?

Oh Luke - I am sorry. Just did a 'who's online' and saw you were creating a post in Gone but Not Forgotten. Opened it very sdaly.
See i voiced my concerns when one (can't remember which tortie) had the sticky eyes whether it could be cat flu (?) as the one who had it had a rather runny nose-you know i think it may have been the half ginger faced lass actually-and the young vet at this 'new' practise laughed and said i was being too cautious and it was 'obviouslly' conjuctivitus. Maybe i was just thinking the worst but it, to me, does seem maybe a little bit coincidental..
The other two apparentlly are fine, to the eye, just seem sad..
The aunt is particually worried about Megan..she is just pacing around bawling..nothing can calm her down.
Luckily the vets practise we go too are very good-and they only got a phone call (i told the aunt she had to use our vets as they are a rarely superb practise) and were straight around to take the body for PM and to check everything out.
They asked for the two kittens and megan to be taken into surgery later for a more thorough examination, but at a quick glance over apparentlly they seemed fine. The vet from our surgery that went around seemed rather miffed how these other vets had not even asked for a follow up appointment after we took them in with the sticky eye.
It all seems a tad too coincidental-everything seems a bit of a mess today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #4

Luke honey - I'm so sorry to hear about the kitten. I had made a mental note when viewing your pictures earlier in the week about the amazing colouring of this kitten's face . . . and I'm very sad to hear that it's indeed this one that has been lost.

I'm hoping that it is simply a congential fault that has caused this and that no other kitten or cat are affected.

Hugs to you and all touched by this

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
14-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #5

I'm so very sad for you all. Losing a pet at any time is dreadful, but one on the threshold of life is doubly so.
Logoes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #6

Oh Luke, I am so sad for you and all your family. I can only imagine the heartbreak you must all be feeling. I pray that it was one of natures things with the poor baby and not something which could harm the others. And as for poor Megan, she must be so lost. Hugs to you all. ((()))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #7

So sad. ...poor little girl. ...Hope Megan picks up again, she must wonder where her baby has gone. ..Hugs" to you all...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #8

So very sad to hear that Luke...I hope the others will be fine and Megan picks up.....(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-10-2006, 05:32 PM   #9

So sorry Luke, as DM said earlier maybe a problem she was born with nothing you can do to second guess nature. Just be grateful she did not suffer and went peacefuly.

RIP little one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
14-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #10

So, so sorry Luke. (((hugs)))