Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
28-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #11

Re: Ginger

awww so sorry to hear about him, he was so handsome. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
28-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #12

Poor Ginger, very sad news.
dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
28-09-2006, 06:17 PM   #13

RIP Ginger - gorgeous boy x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #14

How sad for you; it's never easy losing them, no matter what age. And he did have 4 happy years with you...(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
29-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #15

R.I.P. Little Man x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
29-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #16

R.I.P Ginger.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: grey and black and white
29-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #17

What a handsome fella, so sorry for your loss.

RIP Ginger

Lots of hugs
Angie and the gang

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
29-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #18

Please humour my rambling, it is my way of coming to terms with things, and I normally get some warning about this and can start coming to terms with things before hand, but not this time - i have known for a long time that losing Ginger would be hard, but like most people, thought I would have some warning (he is the only one of mine to have gone naturally and with no sign of illness - his heart murmur had been checked recently and was fine), and that I would have time to accept it. Today was hard, I was on the verge of tears all day, and as I work in a small office, loads of people knew and were asking if I was OK, which made me worse. I have been able to look at pics of him though, as while it is a shock, I know that I gave him a chance, and had 4 wonderful years in return, I was just hoping for 4 more. But, he was a quiet, unassuming cat who was never any bother, the only major health issues we had was 3 dentals and a fatty lump removal, and was even teh same in death, we didn't have to go through a long drawn out illness with me wondering how far to let things go for him, he chose a nice spot at the end of the street (although not where he would normally choose) and went quietly, typical Ginger. His brother is still alive, so he really was the unlucky one. I am going to get a tattoo of a pawprint done in his memory for my birthday - my sis thinks i should have his name or initial under, but then I would have to do it for all the others, and I somehow think I would end up with a lot of initials if I went down that route (6 so far and I still have 2 permanent cats - and am only 24!!), so I will stick with the pawprint, and while I know it is in his memory, it is a universal thing really.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #19

Oh Des, I have only just caught up with this one. I am so very sorry, my heart goes out to you and you know where I am if you want to talk. xxx

Sweet Dreams Ginger xxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #20

Thanks, it is still sinking in I think. Here are some more pics, bit of an overload really, and not picked all the best ones!!

One of his fav sunning spots

Showing off that belly!! This was taken when a while ago, he had slimmed down since!!

Him and SNowy, her last night.

Another typical Gingey, loads of junk on the sofa so he had to squeeze himself on (I cropped this one a lto!!)