Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
24-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #1

RIP babies

i was posting on a thread on a different forum, and it got me thinking of how bad a year we have had for losses this year, so I thought I would post a tribute to them. I dont know all the names, and I may have missed some here, but these are the ones I can remember:
Rosie, she was a young cat who died on the operating table while being spayed.
Tina - a 20 yo Persian who had been with us for 2.5 years.
Sholley - another oldie, cant remember her age, we suspect she had some kind of cancer as she had a hard mass on her abdomen.
Litter of 6 kittens - sadly, the third the mum had had in a row, so there were always doubts on their future.
Mum and 5 kittens - can't remember why they were with us, but mum was really poorly by the time the kits were 4 weeks old, and the vet couldn't do anythign for her.
Plus we have lost a couple that have been rehomed, been vet checked for vaccs and died shortly after, and the vet is still trying to find out what is wrong with one of the kits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
24-09-2006, 08:04 PM   #2

Re: RIP babies

Oh dear that is sad

So many babies in such a short time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #3

RIP all of them, may they run free forever!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
25-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #4

that is a lot and so sad
at least they are in a better place now - no pain

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #5

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
25-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #6

Gave the rescue a quick bell earlier, and another of the kittens we rehomed has died - only 9weeks old. Her sis is back with us, as the woman was scared she woudln't be able to pick up on the signs quick enough (she had diarrhea), but she is going back when she is fine. And our fosterer has lost her latest cat - that is 5 including the two kittens, just in the 3 months I have known her, I haven't spoken to her yet, dont know how distraught she is. Freya was young, but did have neurological issues, and had started weeing without knowing and her balance was getting worse, so they all agreed that it woudl be kinder to let her go now. As she had been taken to the vets a couple of months ago to be pts, at least she had that chance and had a loving home environment. RIP babies.