Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
13-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #1

Charlie

Charlie was my first cat after my housemate moved out, and I hadn't actually wanted a cat!! But her owner had died, and her owners son told my neighbour (who no longer did cat rescue) that if she didn't find her a home, he would microwave her, so she thought of me, as she was a pure white. Have to admit that there wasn't a good bond between us though, looking back, I know it was just cos the poor thing had had her world turned upside down - sadly, 9 weeks later, she started fitting in the early hours of the morning, and despite being on morphine for nearly 2 days, she died. i do regret listening to my neighbour when we went to visit her though, as I had no idea what to do, and sadly my neighbours opinion is that if there is the slightest chance that they could live, we have to give it to them - as a result, she died alone at the vets about an hour and a half after we left her. Having Charlie did shape my life though, I went to the local CP the day after as I couldn't bear not to have any cats in my life, and it was the start of a lot of cats coming and going - she did make me realise how satisfying it was to have oldies, and know that however long they had with me, they died in a happy, loving home environment. Sadly I dont have any pics of Charlie (again, something that hasn't happened since, she made me realise the need for pics). Today is the 4th anniversary of her death, and it is something I am fine with, just wanted to put a tribute on about her, as while I dont miss her as such, she did make a big impact on my life. RIP little one, I know you will be up their with your true mum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
13-08-2006, 04:50 PM   #2

Re: Charlie

Awww, R.I.P bless.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 domestic shorthaired
02-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #3

RIP Charlie~!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #4

What a beautiful tribute to Charlie! RIP, little girl!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #5

I'm sorry, I must have missed this when originally posted. Thanks for such a sweet tribute to Charlie, BT.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM   #6

RIP Charlie x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #7

R.I.P. Charlie, hugs to you Des xxx

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: grey and black and white
09-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #8

Hope you are having fun at the bridge Charlie.

You did try your best for her, and went on to save more kitties.

What a tribute.

Take care.

Angie and the gang

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
09-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #9

Thanks everyone. As I said, I am at peace with this, but I do hope she would be glad at the cats I have helped that might not have got a home otherwise. And I know she will have met her old owner by now, and be happy with her, I doubt she will be waiting for me!!