Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #1

What do you think of this hairstyle?

I'm off for a cut and colour tomorrow. My hair is fair, thick and dead straight (apart from an annoying 'cowlick' on my fringe which sometime requires straightening! ). It's currently on my shoulders, with a full (long) fringe.
It would be nice to have a change of style and something quite up to date.
However, I don't want to look like mutton and I know my face is not like this model
Here's a pic. What do you think? Or shall I just go for a shorter bob?
http://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/...1&styl1=Medusa

My hair is quite like this, but maybe 1-2" longer and with a fringe. Colour is similar

I quite like this style

Your thoughts? please!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
14-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #2

Re: What do you think of this hairstyle?

Oh I like them both and you'd be surprised how many older ladies have their hair like that only most of them go OTT with having it different colours eg black/red, black/purple. black/blue

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #3

Of all those styles, the one that is most like your own is my favourite and the one I would choose

For me the one in your link is not my cup of tea and looks like hard work to maintain and whilst I like the last one you posted I prefer the one above....let us know what you decide!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair.jpg
Views:	1439
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	335  

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #4

The style on the link is a difficult style to wear - you need a certain kind of face to be able to wear hair swept forward quite that dramatically. Not knowing your face (except from the holiday pics), I would certainly think the more classic bob shown is more in keeping.

Unless of course you want to go 'radical'

Personally - my fave is the style with the long fringe swept to the side as per how your hair currently is! How about using colour to add 'le difference' and maybe just getting them to razor cut the edges to create that more casual, jagged look?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-12-2006, 12:22 PM   #5

I'd be bothered about maintenance too - I thought if I did go for the pic in the link the layers are long enough just to have a good chop and go back to a simple bob when/if I got fed up with it!
I keep hearing/reading that one shouldn't get stuck in a rut, and how a new style can help with a new you (oh dear, I'm in New Year mode already! ) but my hair is so simple in a bob, and I think it suits me.
Like the colour tips Yola. I will have more red in it anyway, just for a bit of pzzaz over the festive season, but of course that doesn't last quite as long as the more subtle colours. Jaggy edges is a good idea too - i'll chat it though with Tori when i get there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #6

Love the first one, its very similar to the way I wear my hair....
Not too keen on the second, bit short....
Let us know what you have done DM, and of course pictures!

Cats owned: siamese
14-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #7

I really like the first pic , I am going for extensions tomorrow never had them before has anyone else had them these are the clip in variety I,m not brave enough to have permanant ones just thought they would be a bit of fun for xmas

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie
I really like the first pic , I am going for extensions tomorrow never had them before has anyone else had them these are the clip in variety I,m not brave enough to have permanant ones just thought they would be a bit of fun for xmas
never thought of extensions, you will have to let us see the finished result

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2006, 03:08 PM   #9

I think I am the odd one out as I like the second style - but that's probably because I wear my hair short Not too keen on the style in the link though ......

It is always a big step when you feel like changing your image, take a deep breath and go for it DM! ........ let us know which one you choose...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie
Would love to see a pic of your extensions Millie ........... back view will do if you're shy