Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM   #1

Remember remember 5th Nov daily.

Morning all I am a bit early this morning I know but hey what can you do?

Hope everyone is good and spend at least 50 seconds trying to figure out why we Brits celebrate (bonfire night) a man who tried to burn down the goverment. Maybe we are a weirdier nation than we think

Nice morning here so far. Everyone have a brilliant day and a safe time with fireworks etc

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #2

Re: Remember remember 5th Nov daily.

I don't have any doubt we're a weird nation, Kazz! Good morning, early bird!!! And all the later arrivals too.

I managed to persuade my GP practice to issue an ordinary script to replace the hospital one - may have to wait until mid next week to collect it, but it's worth the delay to avoid the hassle and cost of going back to the hospital and having to pay for parking and petrol. Relief.

I have a photo to post of a present that was left at our front door this morning .......... will do that later.

Horrid grey day here, mizzly rain but certainly not cold. Windy and most of the leaves have already left our lovely acer in the back garden. Only those on the lower branches are left. It seems we have really only had about 10 days of wonderful colour - it has really been splendid around here, although we haven't had the mouthwatering maroons and purples of last year.

OH has gone off for a golf lesson. I am doing laundry and household chores and having the odd break for Catsey and some family history. I have been in contact with a lady in Yorkshire for quite a while now and today did the generational relationship chart and think we are 3rd cousins. I hope she will agree!!!

Have a good day folks and don't forget to lock your cat flaps as soon as it gets dusk this evening. I must dig out an extra litter tray for my two as I expect they will both be really put out. But rather safe than sorry. Do take care everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #3

Afternoon all - at work and then off to the gym....really looking forward to the weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #4

Went off this morning to have a look at a cattery near us as we want to board the cats when we're on holiday next Summer and didn't want to risk leaving it and finding there were no spaces. It's a really lovely place, they showed us round and we met the owner's cats and waved at a few of the inmates too It's FAB approved, nice and airy, roomy pens and in a very peaceful country location. I've no idea if their prices are competitive but Molly and Jason are booked in for 10 days next June at a total cost of £175. They might not be very happy but they'll be safe and well cared for while we're away.

Then we went to Pets@Home where James Wellbeloved cat food is 3 for 2 and 3xCrackerjack dog biscuits packed in a Christmassy way worked out cheaper than buying 3 individual packets so we saved a few pennies! Got home to find that the dog had had a late breakfast of telephone directories, he's never touched them before so I really don't know why he did that. What a mess chewed up paper makes! He was left with a filled Kong but must have finished it early then got bored!

It was raining earlier but has stopped now so I hope we don't get wet on our walk this afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #5

Hi all! A lovely day after yesterday's gloom and 1.43" of rain. Sunny, windy, 8 C (46 F), but nice to have the sun back. No errand day, just boring chores after a lie-in... I am getting lazier as I get older Homemade soup tonight.

Our leaves here haven't started coloring, I'm waiting to see if my Japanese maple will be the usual brilliant scarlet after the dry Summer, and my neighbor's its almost flourescent orange. Naughty Morgan, MrsH, but you got some good food bargains. Angie, what a tease: present on the steps????? Happy Guy Fawkes day to all, hope the fireworks tonight aren't too scary for the furry ones.

Enjoy the day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #6

[quote=Kazz;622111]

Hope everyone is good and spend at least 50 seconds trying to figure out why we Brits celebrate (bonfire night) a man who tried to burn down the goverment. Maybe we are a weirdier nation than we think

Oh i don't know Kazz, maybe Guy had the right idea

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #7

Work this morning for me, then a wet rainy walk with Malaika, don't know who hated it more, her or me.
Did a little training session with her when we got back in preperation for starting the Silver training course tomorrow.
Once i got on the computer she became a pain because she wanted to sit on my knee, she tormented Jerry untill he gave her a good scratching, she then screamed the place down but i'd no sympathy i'm afraid.
She then sat beside me and tried to chew my fingers as i typed.
Youngest son here now so she's sat on him

Catsey Veteran

05-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #8

Had to write something as i have just deleted a double post, whoops

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #9

Just adding that it was rather wet for our walk this afternoon, thank goodness for good weather-proof jackets!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
I've no idea if their prices are competitive but Molly and Jason are booked in for 10 days next June at a total cost of £175. They might not be very happy but they'll be safe and well cared for while we're away.
I agree wholeheartedly there. I would not know if a kennel or cattery was competitive its one of those things if I was happy with them then I would book the animals in not chekc prices sometimes things like this you get what you pay for.

Peace of mind.

Where are you going on holiday?