Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
18-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #1

coffee mate

no im not offering sorry,but coffee mate are doing a mix to turn your coffee into latte,and its lovely mmmm got a cup of it now,ideal for a nice treat now n again, they also do a cappachino one as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #2

Re: coffee mate

Not too sure about these products Lots of aluminium in them, which I worry is connected to Alzheimers (and I'm daft enough without that!)
We've got a Senseo coffee machine (uses coffee pods - like tea bags) and if you heat milk and add to the coffee you get a great latte

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #3

We don't have a senseo machine (ooo aren't you the posh one . . . ) We've got one of those on-the-hob coffee pot thingies that makes a beautiful espresso . . . and hubby adds hot milk to that and sometime caramel syrup (yum) and it makes a gorgeous latte - only problem is the skin on the milk when it starts to cool down . . .

Never had the coffee mate stuff . . . does it have lots of additives??? One of the blokes in the offices uses it all the time (he's got his own jar on his desk) and won't touch milk!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #4

Same as you DM, I have a Braun Tassimo coffeer maker, it does all the different coffees, and takes the pods.............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #5

I've just finished copywriting a letter for Nespresso (new client) . . . is it a similar thing to the senseo/tassimo machines . . . essentially using a defined measure of coffee and offering lots of different types of coffees?

Whilst researching the job I spent time on the company's website and it's a great concept - DM, Moli - would you recommend getting one? I like the idea of sample different types of coffees . . .

Catsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #6

I think the Nesspresso uses little pots of incredibly strong, already brewed coffees (and tea and chocolate)
The Senseo uses dry coffee pods (ie, ground coffee in 'tea bags') and pumps the heated water at however many bars of pressure - like an esspresso, but no steam, grinding, grounds etc
Works out about 10p a cup which sounds a lot for home but is peanuts compared with coffee out.
We love it - absolutely! previously used filter machines (no longevity, coffee never really hot enough) or cafetiere. Still like cafetiere after dinner but the Senseo gives a lovely 'crema' as they call it - thick, creamy froth, even before adding milk.
Recommend wholeheartedly. They were available for about £35 before christmas - or more if you want a space age chrome finish!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
18-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #7

ill have to keep my eye open for one of them senso coffee machines,sounds lovely and i do love my coffee,couldnt and wouldnt ever give that up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-01-2006, 12:25 AM   #8

I dont drink coffee really, but you lot made me want a cup now!!

Catsey Veteran

19-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
ill have to keep my eye open for one of them senso coffee machines,sounds lovely and i do love my coffee,couldnt and wouldnt ever give that up.
Treat yourself with all the money you're saving on ciggies BM!