Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #1

Three Month's Worth of Fur

I've been saving Leia's fur for the birds since mid-December, here's the pile of it:;

And here it is draped over the azaleas:

I hope the birds like it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #2

Re: Three Month's Worth of Fur

Lovely new Spring blossom!!! I hope Leia still has some coat left!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #3

....you could stuff a cushion with that lot, Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
12-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #4

Wow I think the birds will think it`s their birthday with that big pile of fur , funny thing is Leia dosen`t look like the sort of cat to loose that much fur, you would expect that much to come of a longhaired cat.
Mind you in saying that Maxi & Maisy even when I brush them there is not a lot of fur comes off them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #5

You could spin it and knit yourself a sweater too, you sure Leia is not bald????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #6

That is a lot of hair!

I put some of the cat's grooming produce out on the bushes last week but the puppy ate it.

Have now put it in an empty seed feeder as usual, just the bigger birds don't really get any then!

Oh and on that note, had a bloomin' MAGPIE knock the lid of the compost bin about 5 times now, probably after the horrible creepies inside, but he knows they are there now I have had to put a brick on top!

All you guys get nice birds, my regulars consist of a couple great and blue tits, some blackbirds, a thrush, an occasional robin and a couple sparrows, and then, a bloomin' overweight wood pigeon who keeps breaking the feeder, a magpie, a jackdaw and 2 collared doves, all of which are clearly too big for the wee feeder and scaring the wee ones away.

Mr naughty magpie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2009, 02:06 AM   #7

Awww, that magpie may be naughty but he's cute! Like the pic!

Leia's not bald, thank you; she is a shorthair but a BIG cat and has lots of fur. Just think, all of that was not swallowed for fur balls or shed on the furniture. She loves her ritual nightly grooming.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
12-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
That is a lot of hair!

I put some of the cat's grooming produce out on the bushes last week but the puppy ate it.

Have now put it in an empty seed feeder as usual, just the bigger birds don't really get any then!

Oh and on that note, had a bloomin' MAGPIE knock the lid of the compost bin about 5 times now, probably after the horrible creepies inside, but he knows they are there now I have had to put a brick on top!

All you guys get nice birds, my regulars consist of a couple great and blue tits, some blackbirds, a thrush, an occasional robin and a couple sparrows, and then, a bloomin' overweight wood pigeon who keeps breaking the feeder, a magpie, a jackdaw and 2 collared doves, all of which are clearly too big for the wee feeder and scaring the wee ones away.

Mr naughty magpie!
Sounds like you could be in my garden with that list of birds thats all we seem to get in ours

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
12-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I've been saving Leia's fur for the birds since mid-December, here's the pile of it:;

And here it is draped over the azaleas:

I hope the birds like it.
HOW MUCH fur???

Quote:

Leia's not bald, thank you; she is a shorthair but a BIG cat and has lots of fur. Just think, all of that was not swallowed for fur balls or shed on the furniture. She loves her ritual nightly grooming.
Glad she enjoys grooming! Dykan doesn't mind it either, but the problem we have with him is he always wants to play with the comb or brush

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:

He is, I like magpies, but still naughty!