Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #11

Re: Unpleasant present from Dylan

OMG ......yes, I remember that story; gave me the horrors!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
18-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #12

Tigger was a nightmare for killing birds, use to drive me mad! He did eat a hole family of mice that were living at the bottom of our garden though. I saw him with this white tail hangin out of his mouth, I went over to see what it was... It was minging... he was chewing away, then he swaped sides in his mouth n carried on chewing ewww (Gags!) Poor mice. I remember him also eating a hole bird... except some intestines n a few other parts...(gags even more!)

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
18-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #13

Oh Janey, how revolting LOL! I have to say I'm quite glad our girls don't like to catch anything other than flies and spiders (though the spiders are terrifying LOL!).

We do find well-chewed, dead mice laid on the back doorstep frequently when we go out in the morning. I know there's a stray cat out here somewhere (we're in the countryside) and OH leaves food out for it every day, so I think it must be him leaving the mice. Miw's seen him a couple times and put up a big show of being bossy and threatening LOL maybe the mice are gifts for her......bit of a kitty crush there LOL!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
18-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #14

my 15yr old cat brought a seagull into the house when he was about 6 mnths old,it musta already been dead or injured tho,coz they r hugeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!! ,i woke up in the nite hearing crunching noises in the hall,there was 2 full wings a bit of body and both legs still all attached.i got a plastic back n thtrew it out the window,then sorted it next day.yukkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #15

Mine have always been indoors only (except childhood cat, mighty hunter), so they only thing they catch/caught were the field mice that come in in Autumn, but they never ate them. Oh, forgot to say Misty was a champion fly catcher and did eat them, yuk!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic short hair (2)
18-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Mine have always been indoors only (except childhood cat, mighty hunter), so they only thing they catch/caught were the field mice that come in in Autumn, but they never ate them. Oh, forgot to say Misty was a champion fly catcher and did eat them, yuk!
LOL! Miw's a champion fly catcher too....and she eats them as well.....the bigger the better! Eeeewwww! She was very upset at not being able to catch so many flies this summer though Unfortunately for Miw, Mousie decided she wanted to catch flies as well.....and Mousie is not at all graceful LOL was pretty funny watching her trip up Miw everytime they both went for the same fly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #17

Sorry ..... had to race through this thread ..... rat was OK, glad it was dead. Good for Dylan!

Then someone mentioned the s........ word and I'm afraid I lost it. UUUUUUggggggggHHHHHH

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #18

Love that story Tina, can just see it! Bless that poor Miw being foiled!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
25-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #19

Dylan brought us a Christmas present this morning, same as last time - the innards of a rat (and I'm referring to things like the organs, the intestines etc in case anyone wants to know)

Catsey Veteran

25-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #20

Not nice, but look at it this way... better than a live rat!