Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #1

Tremendous Tuesday!

Tremendous because Pip had his first night of freedom last night and nothing dreadful happened - ie. no funny noises in the night, nothing broken this morning and we were only awakened about half an hour before normal. You might have to ask Kizzy for her reactions though - she did not have her usual place on our bed, although it wasn't cold last night, so she may have slept happily in the lounge. Pip has been particularly affectionate this morning.

The best day of the week weather wise according to the forecasters! Dry and sunny with a bit of a breeze. OH has gone to play golf and as he is not back yet, I presume that means that the course is not waterlogged. Hope he has a good round and comes back a happy bunny.

We recently installed a door alarm on the door between the "link" and our kitchen. MIL's bedsit used to be our garage and after conversion, the link is just an enclosed area so that we can all come and go between the kitchen and her room without getting wet. The door alarm has a wireless vibrating chime which I have with me in my office, so that I know if she's on the move - ie. anxious and in need of reassurance. This means that I can actually use my headphones for my dictation work without being constantly worried that I am missing signals that she is moving around. My hearing is excellent, but has let me down on two separate occasions - once with the consequence that MIL ended up in hospital. So, peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

I have some particularly tricky work to get on with this afternoon, so hope to pop in later.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #2

Re: Tremendous Tuesday!

Hi, Angie, looks as if we're the only ones reporting in this morning! What good news, both about Pip and the alarm for MIL.... what a relief; one less worry about her. That is such a sad situation for you and OH.... and hope he had a successful golf game.

No news here, just a market run. Some sun and cooler than the last two days, 10 (50 F) degrees, but a rather brisk East wind so feels quite chilly. Herself hasn't wanted the porch at all.

Hope all have a pleasant day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #3

Nothing much at all to report here. OH travelled all the way to Wrexham (north Wales) to look at a Porsche which he likes. Now just has to find the money. I'm hoping he's very late back so I can have some 'me' time.

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #4

No comment about the Porsche, Yola!!! I rather fancy the new Fiat 500 but it's a bit expensive for me atm - I'll look when they're not quite so trendy. Of course I remember the original - my best schoolfriend's mum had one, which was called "Freedom". I think they look friendly still. About a million miles away from your OH's Porsche!

Oh, I meant to ask - how did Domi get on with The Waters of Mars? I found it extremely dark and I'm getting worried about the Dr.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #5

Hi all.
Getting back to normal since last night.
Me and K got the fence back up but it was a doozy doing it in the windstorm surrounded by blackberry bushes that kept whipping us on the legs at that!
Then we lost power and I had to gather up all the furkids and make sure they were in safe delegated areas. Then we drove around trying to get things to fix the generator and it didn't work out and we ended up giving up and calling it a night.
But the power was on when I woke this morning..hurray!
The winds have died down and there is just one more flood watch for today and we should be in the clear by tomorrow afternoon.
Just picking up the pieces today and relaxing

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #6

Wow, Tink, that was a bad storm; so glad the power's back on and that everyone's OK!

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #7

Glad you're OK Tink - you do get some weather over there.

Please forgive my ignorance of US geography - Tink states she lives in Washington, USA and Dandysmom lives in Washington, D.C. Are you "near" each other????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
17-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #8

No worries Angie, I'm in the US and I'm still bad with US geography, LOL!!!
Eileen is on the east coast and I am on the west coast

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
No comment about the Porsche, Yola!!! I rather fancy the new Fiat 500 but it's a bit expensive for me atm - I'll look when they're not quite so trendy. Of course I remember the original - my best schoolfriend's mum had one, which was called "Freedom". I think they look friendly still. About a million miles away from your OH's Porsche!

Oh, I meant to ask - how did Domi get on with The Waters of Mars? I found it extremely dark and I'm getting worried about the Dr.
Don't worry, it's an old Porsche; quick, but about 15 years old. They're getting quite rare to find a good one hence the journey.

Domi watched Waters of Mars very much on face value, being only 6 he was rather spooked by the cracking faces and loved the space station concept and of course the Tardis. I'm with you . . . the Dr is becoming a little disturbed and disturbing. Wasn't it brilliant though? David Tennant is winning me over (better late than never)!

*Edit to say, glad the storm's passed Tink and that the damage wasn't too bad.

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #10

Opposite sides of the country, Angie. as Tink said, and our other American member Happy Katz is in the middle.

I'm not too good on UK geography, know where Scotland and Wales are of course, but get a bit confused about where some of you are ...I know you're near where King Canute spoke to the sea!