Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #1

Daily Thread - Monday

ooh, first time I've got to start one of these

Rotten morning here, absolutely chucking it down Not feeling very festive. I'm very bunged up today, so throwing flu tablets down my neck like sweeties as I have a Christmas lunch to attend today, don't think I'll be eating much. The girls are very excited 'cause it is now the last week of school at least someone is lol!

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Monday

It's absolutely persisting it down here too. No Monday washday!
Alex - hope you pick up as the day progresses. If we're doing a medical check, I had earache which kept me awake between 1am and 7am. Had an extra nap between 7 & 8; the earache has gone but I've got a really stiff neck from lying awkwardly because of the ear pain Ho hum.
On the plus side, the fire kept in all night, so put a couple of logs on this morning and now have a cosy glow, together with warmth which the cats are enjoying.
I have the feeling I have something to do 2 weeks from today but can't quite pin it down ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-12-2006, 11:08 AM   #3

Has been raining here but has brightened up now. Took Porsha to the vets again this morning as she is quite unwell again. The vet is taking her in tomorrow and putting her under a light anaesthetic to get loads of swabs from various parts of her respiratory system and scrapings from her eye. I am extrememly worried about her going under the anaesthetic with her being so unwell but there really is no option as the vet needs to know what is causing this recurrent illness and try and get to the bottom of it once and for all. Please keep her in your thoughts x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
11-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #4

Morning folks-raining, raining, raining and freezing! Im giving it a little while to see if it will calm down before out with the dogs for morning walkies..if not shall have to dig out the large umbrella and wellies.
Lots of coursework to do today...have boxes of junk (also known as 'put it away as you don't know if you'll need it again) to sort through...and Bella needs a B.A.T.H as she has got something sticky on her back (she rolls in everything so lord knows what it is!) will probably loose some fingers..but ah well.
Fran-i hope Porsha will be okay, it really doesn't seem fair.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #5

Oh Fran - you will be worried about poor Porsha. Hope she sails through the anaesthetic and that it pays dividends and the vet can find something to sort her out once and for all.

Well, the car has arrived. Very nice. Lots of room for Dinah in the back. Poor driver brought it all the way from Huntingdon. Best part of 4 hours in this awful waether. Guess what? - he's got to take the old car back there now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #6

Miserable as sin here this morning (the weather) and I'm not feeling much better. Nothing unwell as such, just feeling really down. After much performance the tree went up yesterday so have started packing gifts to put under it.

Fran - I do hope Porsha's OK. She's so small and so unwell and you must be so worried by it all. Hugs to you both.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #7

Morning all .......... rain, rain, rain here too!

Fran ~ I hope Porsha will be alright, fingers crossed for her ((((hugs)))) x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #8

had a real busy day so far, de-frosted the freezer/washed up/made bed, (making sure i didnt disturb the cat while i was at it) hoovered up/re-dressed the tree,/been out shopping/done lunch/now gotta wash up again.
just havent stopped

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
11-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #9

Work as normal for me, lots of preparing today for the childrens Christmas Lunch tomorrow.

Weather has been awful, only now has it stop raining, all the cats/kittens has been in until now.

Fran - lots of love and hugs to Porsha x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
11-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #10

Just a quick check on here as I'm feeling dreadful now.

Fran - will keep you and Porsha in my thoughts tomorrow. ((hugs))