Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
23-04-2024, 07:39 AM   #1

Warm Tuesday

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Sorry I haven't been around the forum for a week. I've been in bed with the flu for most of the week and weekend, and not feeling good at all, but am now a lot better. I saw my surgeon last Tuesday at the hospital and he was pleased with my walking but not too happy with how swollen my knee was He is keen to do the other knee soon but i told him that i would rather wait for 6 months. I'm still getting a lot of pain in my operated knee and I'm not confident at walking. If I have the second knee replaced now, then I'm terrified that I won't be able to walk at all. Brenna was with me at the appointment, which was helpful and she could see where I was coming from. I just don't want to be pushed into anything too soon, just because the surgeon has a window to do it at the moment and it suits him to clear his schedule. My physio from hell saw me on Wednesday and he kinda agreed with me, so i felt vindicated !!!

Brenna flew to Fiji on Tuesday evening and they are all having a great time in the sun, although the insects are terrible. Wednesday evening ,after my physio appointment, I started feeling sick and I stayed in bed all Thursday, Friday ,Saturday ,Sunday and yesterday. i had to cancel my physio appointment on Friday and haven't been able to do the exercises - just felt far too sick and had a terrible headache and aching body. Janna took those days off work and looked after me with cups of herbal tea. but I couldn't bear to look at any food until yesterday.

Snoddy absolutely loved me lying in bed and snuggled up with me all day as well as every night, although he hated me coughing and would glare at me balefully each time I had a coughing fit. He's been very cold since his fur has been shaved off and keeps shivering slightly. Luckily it's been warm the last few days and it's meant to be OK for the rest of the week. I sort of regret having him shaved now ,as I think it really affected him and he's not a young cat. However he hasn't taken a seizure and I'm hoping he's over the worst now.

I'm meant to be going to physio tomorrow and Friday but today I cancelled both appointments, as I don't feel like going out and I'm still coughing quite a lot. I'll go to physio next week again. Today i looked through a box of old photos that Janna found in the garage. - just ones of the kids when they were little. I found a nice one of brenna and Paddy together when they were little - quite unusual as toddler Paddy was actually laughing which he rarely did. I think that their dad was being silly with them and making them laugh at the time. Another one I found was one of Zed, the mastiff Paddy had when he was around 12 Zed was devoted to Paddy, who used to leave the house at around midnight every night and walk for miles in the dark. He never slept much. Zed would always go with him. I remember that Zed had the most magnificent set of lips and when he shook his head, slobber went everywhere. Paddy lost Zed to cancer when the dog was nearly 8 years old. It was after we lost Zed that I rescued Willow.

Janna's making chicken kebabs for tea tonight, but she's also been out and bought sandwiches from Subway. Not really hungry at all, so think I'll just have a sandwich. Janna, s working tomorrow, but only until 7pm and I'll be fine. We'll probably have one of the meals that brenna got us, tomorrow night.

PAMELA,I'm so pleased that you both enjoyed the Kerry Irvine evening. How fitting that you got his book signed and dedicated to Barney It sounds as if you had a good weekend. How nice that you were able to get out on your bikes and enjoy the better weather. You must really love Glencoe so much to think of it as your favourite place on earth. You should make sure you go there as often as possible Pamela, as it is your place of peace. Lucky you to have found it.

SHELLEY, I hope that you had a safe return from your time in Scotland and that you are now settled back at home. Have you got everything sorted out yet? I do hope it's nothing too stressful for you Shelley and everything just falls into place nicely.for you.

I'm going to email you both tonight before I go to bed, but will go now as Janna is ready with the tea.

Have a great Tuesday Pamela and Shelley and hopefully the sun will shine on both of you today.