Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
01-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #11

Re: I'm still too hot!

I've got a standing fan and right now Benny is lying stretched out on the couch, getting full exposure! I feel so sorry for them in this weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
01-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #12

awww bless her!!! She is such a pretty girl!

Arthur will sit infront of a fan we have in the dining room to cool off, he has suffered from the heat quite a bit today. Bronwyn doesn't seem to be too bothered.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
01-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #13

Awww shes gorgeous Angie

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
03-07-2009, 05:23 AM   #14

Pretty!!! But peed off i'd say!

Try putting a little cold water & ice cubes in the bath with some ping pong balls & stuff... my lot hang over the bath & paddle & splash and cool each other off!?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: domestic
03-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #15

She is pretty. We have air conditioning so my cats are fine. I dont know what you would do to keep them cool. Cept the fan and the ice cubes in the water bowl. My cats get hot even with air, they sometimes lay right on the vents. So do my ferrets. I do know that when pets are overheated they put rubbing alcohol on their paws, dont know if that would work or not. They would prob just lick it off. Good luck and try to stay cool all of you.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
03-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #16

i have always wet my cats down in the hot weather... wet my hands... and run my hands down their bodies... do that quite a few times and their fur will get quite damp....then they lick themselves dry... a wet face cloth works just the same if they wont stand there whilst the water is running...a lot of cats dont feel like drinking when the weather is so hot... which is exactly the time they need to do it... but few cats will resist grooming themselves when their fur is wet..

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
03-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #17

forgot to add.... cute pic of Kizzy Angie... she does look hot and bothered though... still a sweetie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #18

Thanks for all your lovely comments - I have tried the wet hands, which worked for me as I got furry hands, but Kizzy didn't care for it much!!! I tried the ice pack, but she wasn't impressed with that. We DON'T HAVE A FAN - well, MIL does, but it's in her room and she needs it more than we do.

However, it is much cooler today, thank goodness, and Kizzy is a gal about the garden again - and very happy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #19

None of mine have liked the fans; did like to sit in a window with a natural breeze though.