Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #1

Olympics opening ceremony

Anyone watching or watched the Olympic's opening ceremony totaly brilliant.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #2

Re: Olympics opening ceremony

I saw some of it - absolutely stunning!

How the h*** is poor old Britain going to follow that? I know I shouldn't feel like that, but I'm afraid I do. Sure we've got loads of young people with fantastic vision!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #3

I only saw bits of it on the news summary and I must say they put on a fantastic show, one of the best I've seen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #4

Ahh we'll do better not sure what we'll do (no inside information) but I am certain we will do better...I mean Austalias was stunning too and yet China has eclipsed it..... UK is bound to be stunning.................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #5

Yeah, I gotta have faith!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
08-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #6

I didn't watch it but heard it was beautiful. However, its just a pity about their atrocious record for human rights and the disgusting and cruel way that they treat their animals. Sorts of takes the gloss off the olympics, for me anyhow. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
09-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I didn't watch it but heard it was beautiful. However, its just a pity about their atrocious record for human rights and the disgusting and cruel way that they treat their animals. Sorts of takes the gloss off the olympics, for me anyhow. x
Yes I agree and am sorry but I am one of these stick in the muds who is boycotting it this year. I don't believe they ever deserved the honour of hosting such a wonderful event in the same country where newborn babies are left abandoned in the street to die without being given a second look as it is so commonplace?

No, not for me, I couldn't care less how beautiful it was, will wait 'til it comes here.

Sorry for putting a downer on the thread. I just feel very strongly about this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #8

Random, I vist several other dog forums and on similar threads, most people feel as we do. Another thing that bugs me is that China must have spent huge amounts of money on the opening ceremony, surely that would have been better spent helping the victims of the Earthquake.

I donate monthly to the Animals Asia Foundation ofter seeing horrendous secret footage of animals in China being skinned alive for their fur. The animals were simply left to die afterwards, no pain relief. The looks on their faces will haunt me forever. Anyone interested in signing a petition or generally adding their support, please visit. http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php...nupos=10&lg=en

Kazz, I'm really sorry to be the one to put a downer on this thread, but like Random, I feel so strongly about this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #9

I think the fact that many of the wonderful firework displays during the opening ceremony have been proved not to have been live and to have been cgi'd in during post production (Chinese television was the only network allowed to broadcast the event as I understand it), really does demonstrate what a veneer of gloss is being put on this event. They are desperate to make a good impression WHATEVER it takes

There is much I could say about my feelings on China's human and animal rights records. But here is not the place.