Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
29-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #1

Very sad news.

Koko is going back tonight.

It has come to the point where Millie is too freeked to eat, sleep and even refused to come home if Koko was there. She was shaking in a corner hysterically and rocking that enough is enough.

Poor Koko hasn't done anything wrong and he is really a beautiful adorable cat but Millie cannot cope with the pitch of his cry and that won't go away. Having special needs, she doesn't understand that he is talking and we have taken the decision that Koko needs a family who isn't scared of him and won't disrupt the household. Although I am very sad and upset, Millie must come first.

I know he will find his forever home very soon but sadly this home isn't the one.

I'm gutted

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #2

Re: Very sad news.

You are doing what is right for your family, as you say Millie must come first....Hugsxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
Koko is going back tonight.

It has come to the point where Millie is too freeked to eat, sleep and even refused to come home if Koko was there. She was shaking in a corner hysterically and rocking that enough is enough.

Poor Koko hasn't done anything wrong and he is really a beautiful adorable cat but Millie cannot cope with the pitch of his cry and that won't go away. Having special needs, she doesn't understand that he is talking and we have taken the decision that Koko needs a family who isn't scared of him and won't disrupt the household. Although I am very sad and upset, Millie must come first.

I know he will find his forever home very soon but sadly this home isn't the one.

I'm gutted
Matron, I am sorry it didn't work out. For you, Millie and poor Koko.

It is difficult when Millie doesn't understand and you can't fully explain to her that Koko is talking to her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
29-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #4

Sorry to hear that Koko isn't going to work out in your home...
Hopefully Millie will be happy again soon

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #5

Millie's needs must come first, that is most important. You tried but it wasn't to be.........I'm sure Koko will find another home soon and his breeder will understand.
((((Hugs)))) to Millie....x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #6

Sorry to hear this.
Don't beat yourself up - you're doing the right thing.
They are different sort of cats, and won't suit every home.
He'll settle in fine back with his original folks and will then find his perfect forever home.
And maybe a little moggie will find his way to your house - but maybe not. Give it a little time
Take care

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #7

Poor you - but as you said Millie must come first and she is not able to understand and tolerate Koko's cries.

Very sad but you do have to do what's best for your family and you have taken the decision quickly, which is right.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #8

A brave decision but completely the right one. Koko is young and sweet and will find a home that is right for him very soon I'm sure. Your daughter must be your first concern and it sounds as if she really has struggled with Koko's exuberance.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #9

I'm sorry for you Natalie, but as much as we love our pets our family come first. Koko will be much loved by his new people and you have done him a kind deed.
Give Millie your full attention and extra kisses and cuddles, poor lass, it must be hard for her. Also, for Poppy too. xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
29-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #10

I know I have done the right thing. 100% for certain. Koko has gone now.

Millie will get lots of fuss tomorrow and her favourite chocolate lol. She is a sensitive soul and her needs indeed do come first.

Feeling very sad all round.