Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #21

Re: Ground Rules

Brilliant Matron, good to hear the little man is settling.....I found when I only had the one Siamese, he bonded with me more so than the two I have now....
Sure him and Belle will become good friends....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #22

Thanks for that link Fran - they're cute too - I have always liked teddy bears!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
28-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Are you getting support from his breeder to help settle him in? If you are putting him away from you during the night, have you got company for him?? One thing Siamese do not like is being alone.
so true Elvis hates being left alone when he came to live with me when i moved before i went to bed and he came running upstairs crying the house down thinking id left him manged to settle him & shut the door after about a hour!

i was also going to suggust a hormone plug in thingy, Feliway! they really worked on Elvis & i have one here for Taylor and his settled in literally within a hour! i think these are reallyyyyyy good!
& also a snuggle thingy for him!

here are the links:

http://www.snugglemypet.com/

http://www.feliway.uk.com/gb

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #24

Good thinking with the felliway EIB . . . it calmed my nervous old boy down a treat . . . don't know why I didn't think of suggesting it!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
28-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #25

Thats a great idea. Will try to get one tomorrow. Will it work all round the house or will i need a couple?

Catsey Senior

28-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
Thats a great idea. Will try to get one tomorrow. Will it work all round the house or will i need a couple?

well 1 is ok for one room, so say the living room if that is where he spends most of his time & then where ever he sleeps? they last quite a while as well & they are even cheaper on Ebay!

Taylor is settled so im going to leave it on for a few more days then save the rest for the Fosters that i get

Catsey Senior

28-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisisboss

well 1 is ok for one room, so say the living room if that is where he spends most of his time & then where ever he sleeps? they last quite a while as well & they are even cheaper on Ebay!

Taylor is settled so im going to leave it on for a few more days then save the rest for the Fosters that i get
Ordered

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #28

Just to bear in mind that the feliway can take about 30 days before you see improvement if you are going to. Just didn't want you to expect an overnight 'cure' Definitely worth giving it a go though

Catsey Senior

28-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Just to bear in mind that the feliway can take about 30 days before you see improvement if you are going to. Just didn't want you to expect an overnight 'cure' Definitely worth giving it a go though
Thanks Fran. Good to know.

Catsey Senior

29-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #30

I always plug mine in about 4/5days before i had the cats here, with Elvis i noticed it in him as soon as he walked through the door, with taylor it was about 2days!