Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
27-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #11

Re: Ground Rules

I do have another cat Belle whom is a 6 year old tabby moggy. They are currently have a hissy spat thingy at the foot of the stairs. They are not ready to share a room soley for the night as yet.

Andrew is on daily anti histamines and he will be fine. Will get the air purifier out in the morning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #12

Mine have always slept in the bed with me. He's not afraid of Belle, is he? Siamese are usually feisty, I imagine he'll get along with her OK as soon as she feels more comfortable that he hasn't taken her position as alpha cat. It's hard to ignore a kitten, especially such a vocal boy, but do try to give Belle a little extra attention so her nose isn't out of joint.! Excellent news that he's wolfing down his food.....

Catsey Senior

27-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Mine have always slept in the bed with me. He's not afraid of Belle, is he? Siamese are usually feisty, I imagine he'll get along with her OK as soon as she feels more comfortable that he hasn't taken her position as alpha cat. It's hard to ignore a kitten, especially such a vocal boy, but do try to give Belle a little extra attention so her nose isn't out of joint.! Excellent news that he's wolfing down his food.....
They both havent come to an understanding really. I have kept them apart mostly but so that they could see each other through the patio doors.

Belle is normally such an outdoor cat but she is in tonight (miracle) so she will have cuddles on the bed i think or else a wee tin of tuna

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #14

I had a Siamese boy on his own, and he settled down well, but did become very attached to one of my dogs!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
They both havent come to an understanding really. I have kept them apart mostly but so that they could see each other through the patio doors.

Belle is normally such an outdoor cat but she is in tonight (miracle) so she will have cuddles on the bed i think or else a wee tin of tuna
Sounds to me as if you're doing everything just right! Chin-tickles to both of them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #16

Cleo sleeps under the bed with Smudge and Tolly on top of it. They sometimes even let us in........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Incidently, the 'me to you' range do a microwave bear that would be ideal in these circumstances. It's soft and cuddly and you can warm in the microwave
I'm going to look that up - sounds just the thing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I'm going to look that up - sounds just the thing!

http://www.sayitwithbears.co.uk/viewbear/2589

Catsey Senior

28-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #19

Good thinking Fran. I had a fleece sausage shaped bean thing which I heat up in the microwave when my bed is achey. I heated it up lovely and hot and placed in in his bed and I didn't hear a peep out of him till 5am when I guess he was hungry. I left him till 6.30 though and he has scoffed his breakfast. Will let him out a little more today but I worry about the kids letting him out. Oh well. Looks like the heat treatment worked, he didn't even cry when settling and belle got much wanted cuddles on the bed. Andrew is immune to her now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-10-2008, 08:22 AM   #20

This is good news! Actually one thing you will find with Siamese is that they LOVE the warmth and hate to be cold. I know cats in general like warmth but Siamese, more so!