Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
27-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #1

Ground Rules

48 hours in and Koko is a cat with attitude

He has finally given into the hunger strike and has demolished 3 bowls of food and some scrambled egg from hubbys lunch. Unfortunately Andrew's eyes are very inflamed and his breathing is tight so we have decided that Koko is to sleep in future in the utility room and not on my head in bed. Boy is he going to kick up a stink tonight. He is already demanding that I go to bed already and is calling me from my bedroom for cuddles.

He is now sulking

Where do your puddy tats sleep at night?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #2

Re: Ground Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
Where do your puddy tats sleep at night?

On the bed with hubby and me or on the children's beds

Matron - have you had a Siamese before??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #3

4 of my boys sleep in the utilityroom, and Leo being the oldie in the kitchen.been the arrangement since they were all kittens...One thing I did not want was 5 cats jumping on me during the night.....
They have got so used to it now, they put themselves to bed...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #4

The question is not so much where do our cats sleep but where do we sleep?
Eva sleeps on my chest for a while before taking herself off to her bed under the bed. Bernie normally sleeps at the foot of the bed and then takes himself off to the sofa or the cat bed in the bedroom window.
Living in a flat, space is limited and I have always let my cats sleep in the bedroom. I do get a little choked now and again because Eva and Bernie are both fluffy cats where as before my cats were always short haired. I do love kitty cuddles at bed time though.

Catsey Senior

27-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
On the bed with hubby and me or on the children's beds

Matron - have you had a Siamese before??
No I Havent, can you tell lol.

He isnt behaving anything other than i expected but as hubby is allergic to cats and he needs time to build up a tolerance then we havent got a choice but to let him sleep elsewhere for the time being at least.

I love his personality although the kids are scared at the moment of his vocal activity lol.

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
No I Havent, can you tell lol.

He isnt behaving anything other than i expected but as hubby is allergic to cats and he needs time to build up a tolerance then we havent got a choice but to let him sleep elsewhere for the time being at least.

I love his personality although the kids are scared at the moment of his vocal activity lol.

Are you getting support from his breeder to help settle him in? If you are putting him away from you during the night, have you got company for him?? One thing Siamese do not like is being alone.

Catsey Senior

27-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Are you getting support from his breeder to help settle him in? If you are putting him away from you during the night, have you got company for him?? One thing Siamese do not like is being alone.
Yes I have had lots of support and to be fair the little man is building in confidence all the time. The past 2 nights he has slept with us on the bed but andrew's allergy has hit an all time high today so we need to put him to sleep somewhere else for the time being.

What company do you suggest? I was going to put a hot water bottle in his bed which he has taken to today?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
27-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #8

My two sleep at the foot of the bed, occasionally Darcy creeps up onto my chest for a wee bit during the night, but normally foot of the bed. If they tried to sleep beside us at the top there'd be no room for us I'm quite happy they do, as they keep us warm!

I used to be allergic to cats, have gotten much better as I've gotten older, but after sleeping in a bed with accumulating cat fur I started to get itchy eyes again. So twice a week I hoover the bed and it does the trick

hope the wee lad has a good night tonight, bless him.

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #9

Well I was thinking more of a feline companion??

Hot water bottle, ticking clock, radio, tv anything to make him feel like he isn't alone....

It may be one of the reasons why he isn't settling so well if there are no other felines in the house...just a thought. As a side line I don't know what your circumstances are as I haven't really been around for a while but I won't let any of my kittens go to a house without another feline companion, as Siamese and Orientals as a rule, are not so happy without the company of another cat/s.

Catsey Veteran

27-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #10

Incidently, the 'me to you' range do a microwave bear that would be ideal in these circumstances. It's soft and cuddly and you can warm in the microwave