Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
20-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #21

Re: Been offered a kitten.

Thank you all, you have all been most wonderfully helpful.

Of course I know she isn't a replacement for willow but I do worry what people think. I know I shouldn't.

Kitten is a boy and will be 17 weeks old when I collect him Saturday. For those of you who have pedigree cats, do you let yours out?

Keep coming with the names they are great

We would love an exotic name but the girls couldn't pronounce it lol.

Will keep you waiting till Saturday for pictures

X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
20-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #22

my mothers had two burmese cats which got out and about. The two siamese that befriended us when we were small were often out.

If I ever had a pedigree I'd probably let it out, but I do understand they can be targetted. Depends I suppose what your area is like.

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #23

Both my pedigrees and moggies were/are indoor only, because of heavy traffic and the nearby woods: foxes, raccoons, etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #24

All my cats get out if i am home and the weather is nice enough to have the window open, if I am out they are in, but I live in a very quiet area, with just a small country road, and we have a copse opposite our drive which they all go into to....
They never get out after 4pm, and in the winter after 1pm...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
21-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #25

I live in a cul de sac in a quiet area but it is close to a stream. Excellent mousing spot Belle finds!

I can't always get Belle in when I need to as she is a mouser and one of my elderly neighbours keeps inviting her in for a cuddle and I'm sure for some food. She is beginning to get a bit rounded.

Wish neighbours wouldn't feed her....I have changed her tag to read, please don't feed me. Hope they get the message.

Will have to keep him in until he has had his second lot of jabs anyway. Will see how confident the little man is I think!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-10-2008, 02:22 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
I live in a cul de sac in a quiet area but it is close to a stream. Excellent mousing spot Belle finds!

I can't always get Belle in when I need to as she is a mouser and one of my elderly neighbours keeps inviting her in for a cuddle and I'm sure for some food. She is beginning to get a bit rounded.

Wish neighbours wouldn't feed her....I have changed her tag to read, please don't feed me. Hope they get the message.

Will have to keep him in until he has had his second lot of jabs anyway. Will see how confident the little man is I think!
From my limited experience with one Siamese, I'd be willing to bet he will have confidence enough for anything...Siamese think the world is their oyster! My breeder friends had Siamese, and they'd joyfully take on anything....fearless!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #27

Hope the new boy settles in well Natalie. Looking forward to seeing his name and some pics of the little chap
As for going outside, it'll be your choice but these dark days and nights, I'd be a bit wary. Until he feels at home,perhaps just let him out with supervision? Try a harness? Enjoy his company, he'll be a breath of fresh air

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #28

I'd keep my boy in for a good while, and seeing as you will be getting him as real winter approaches, I think that means until some nice bright winter/spring days, maybe end of Jan or into Feb.
My girl was a real 'homebody' and would follow me to the end of her territory (very close to the house boundary) and wail piteously if I went further. She wouldn't come any further though.