Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
20-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #1

Been offered a kitten.

Hello there. Feeling much better today although my youngest daughter who is just 2 keeps asking where she has gone and is crying!!! Poor thing.

There is a girl at work who has offered me a kitten out of her litter. I have spoken to hubby and he thinks its a good idea to help with the healing process and also for the girls including our other cat belle.

This kitten is 17 weeks old on Saturday and is a chocolate Point Siamese boy.... Never had a pedigree in my life and don't know much about the breed which I'm researching fast.

Apparently they are good for those who have an allergy or asthma which both my hubby and youngest daughter Poppy have. Do you think this breed is suitable for a family home? Please forgive my ignorance.

It doesn't feel right thinking of a replacement for Willow because she will never be replaced if that makes sense.

I'm writing this on my mobile as I'm in work. It is very very kind of my friend to offer one of her kittens. She is just about to advertise the rest. She is going to take him to the vets tonight for his final injections and health check. She will also keep hold of him for as long as needed until we are ready.

Advice please......only use to rescue moggies lol

Nat

Catsey Senior

20-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #2

Re: Been offered a kitten.

Forgot to add that the litter has been brought up around other children and cats.

I have a dog but he is soft and as thick as 2 shorts planks lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #3

Hi Nat! Glad to hear you are feeling better - I am sorry for your daughter though, she is too young to understand.

I know nothing about keeping Siamese, but there are members here who do, so I'm sure someone will be along soon to give proper advice.

Of course we will all understand that you are not trying to replace Willow and I am sure that it will be a good thing for your children to focus on a new addition to your family.

It is very kind of your colleague to offer a kitten.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #4

Siamese are fabulous - imo they combine the best attributes of a dog and a cat. They certainly have a dog-like bond with their owners and their home.
They are 'characters' though, and even more stuborn/self-centred than moggies.
I'm not sure how they might be with young children and I don't know if anyone here has meezers and little humans.

I'd love another, particularly a boy.

And of course it's not Willow or a Willow substitute. We all know it doesn't work like that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #5

Natalie, I'm sure you'll love the new kittie to bits whatever the breed I think it's nice to be able to give a home to this puss, he'll be welcomed with open arms.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #6

As DM says Siamese are fantastic cats.....I have 2 and they are a totally different from other cats, very affectionate, people cats, full of mischief and very vocal.....But as far as I am concerned the perfect pet....

Catsey Senior

20-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #7

Thanks ladies for your advice. Kitty got the clean bill of health and we are going to pick him up on Saturday.

The difficulty now is picking a name.

I must admit to being very nervous having a pedigree cat. I live in a cul de sac but I'm worried about letting him out. My other cat belle will take him all over the place towards the canal!!!! EEEKKK

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #8

Hiya How lovely to be offered a kitten I have to say I have always adored Siamese from a distance, like yourself having rescue moggies. But from what I understand they are fabulous characters...........and personalities bigger than they are. Sounds lovely like all cats shown respect (as I am sur your daughter would) they would I am sure be fine Fran on here has children although a little older than yours....and I am sure she has no problems....maybe she will be along later and reply.

How lovely to be offered a kitten though. What colur is he do you know and don't say seal or I'll have to have him off you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #9

Ohh I love choosing names what colour is he? Siamese to me are regal sort of cats.....

Catsey Senior

20-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #10

Hi Kazz.

He is a chocolate point although I could have had a seal one The seal point was the runt of the litter and is tiny.

Feel free to help us pick a name......its a mindfield. Need something the girls can say too lol.