Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
08-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #21

Re: Maiah's acting VERY strange.

Thank you very much :O The reason why is because they looked up Maiah's file (since she was put into a pet-hospital) and saw she was a very small cat. She's around 5 pounds and they say that her body wouldn't be able to handle it. I don't understand at all :O She's not uber-skinny..she's just REALLY small! I'll check up on that though! Thankyou very much!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #22

I know that it can be very intimidating trying to argue with a vet - but if they are saying that spaying such a small cat would be dangerous, perhaps you might try to tactfully say that it would be much more dangerous for her to get pregnant and have to give birth to the kits.

Good luck Socks - this has got to be worth a bit of a battle on your part! We're all with you in spirit at least!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
08-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #23

If you are keeping her in with no possibility of her getting out (ie open windows etc) then you MUST take your tom and get him neutered Socks

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #24

Yeah, we've been keeping them apart and the times they are together they are under very close observation. Maiah is deadly afraid to go out of my room. Only two places she'll go is under the house or in my room. So, she's been in my room the whole time while Socks, who still dosn't care that Maiah is this way, is outside. I did tell the vet that, and she said "It has a less fatality percent" For some odd reason..I don't see the fact in that..

but anyways, I just have to keep them seperated for 2 weeks. that's when Kyle gets paid, he's going to send me the money to get Socks nueterd :3 He said he didn't want to be a grandpa ^^ Plus her heat cycle is probabally over becuase she's back to her old self...by not rolling and screaming every 5 seconds >.>