Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
02-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #11

Re: AJ driving us mad, help please!

well, we had another disturbed sleep thanks to AJ i was there at midnight last night putting strips of double sided tape on the floor and the bottom of the door-didnt work! he has got to be the most stubborn kittie ever. when that didnt work i got up and went downstairs to get the metal file box and put that against the door, then that didnt work because there was still carpet showing so i got their smaller scratching post to put next to it-no carpet showing anymore. but did that stop him?? NO!

so after 2 hours of trying to sleep and trying different things we had to give up and let him in. of course he started wanting fuss and wouldnt leave us alone for ages he gave up eventually and went back asleep letting us get another hour before getting up

and yes all our boys are indoor cats so hes not wanting to be let out, hes wanting to be let in!

il have to see how he reacts to tinfoil today and see if its worth a try, but after seeing him just walking over the double sided tape i dont have much hope for that working either

if only our downstairs wasnt open plan and we could lock him away some where.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #12

Thats a shame, not sure what else to suggest other than is it possible to shut him in a room down stairs for the night?

Catsey Senior

02-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Thats a shame, not sure what else to suggest other than is it possible to shut him in a room down stairs for the night?
unfortunately our downstairs is open plan. the only two rooms he could be locked into are the kitchen and the bathroom and both rooms get absolutely freezing so i wouldnt do that, as much as hes bugging me right now lol

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
03-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #14

Locking my cats out of the bedroom has never worked. Rosie and Alfie are used to sleeping in my room one on the sheepskin rug and one at the bottom of the bed with the dog! Alfie was a bit of a pest when he was a kitten but soon adapted to my sleep routine and knows exactly when it is time for me to wake up. No chance of sleeping in at the weekend though.

Muche less hassle to just give in

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #15

Our cats are now 2½ and we've had problems with Jason doing this ever since they arrived! We were rather unkind and used a water spray to deter them (hiding behind the door, whipping it open enought to squirt, without them seeing that it was us!)

It stopped him shredding the carpet, now he just bangs on the door instead, he doesn't scratch, he just thumps it! So we've partially won the battle, back to the water spray I think!

Catsey Senior

14-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #16

Ive been meaning to update this to let you all know how we are getting on. well we tried everything to stop AJ from digging and in the end we decided to just give it a couple of nights letting the kitties sleep in with us. to our amazement it worked! after a couple of nights of excitement from them they have now all settled into a routine and we are getting a good nights sleep finally! they still wake us up sometimes if they want a cuddle or feeding but after they are ignored they tend to give up and AJ has indeed became a bit of a mommys boy now much to my partners annoyance, as he always cuddles up next to me at night-not looking forward to the summer this year just waiting for the next behavourial problem to come out........