Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
15-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #1

Recommended Dry Food

So I have the wet food sorted (Felix as good as it looks).

Now I'm looking into sourcing a dry food they like but is also good for them!

They eat two wet food pouches a day each and have dry food available for the whole day and night. They don't overeat and generally only eat all their dry food if I lie in on a Sunday morning and don't feed them at 7am

So, from this website list here, what would you recommend?

They've currently had Go-Cat which they like, and Iams Chicken which they also like. Although it seems they get bored quite easily of each one...

I've noticed some of the ones on this website have special things like "prevents hairballs" and "reduces odour from poo" (!)

So any foods your cats love, and also any that have good 'properties' or benefits that actually work?

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/dry_cat_food

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #2

Re: Recommended Dry Food

Mine have been fed on Royal Canin Persian mix all their lives. Lately I've been mixing that with intense furball formula and dental formula. They love it all! However they are predomnently indoor cats . . .

For wet I feed the occasional sachet of nature's menu or a tin of applaws and they are (overall) happy and healthy kitties

Almost a Veteran Member

15-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #3

Thanks Yola! Do you find the hairball formula works?

My two are completely indoor cats so they love their dry food

I got some Nature's Menu meat treats yesterday and whilst Minsky ignored them, Darcy couldn't get enough of them! I put them back in the plastic bag I bought them in after he'd had two, and put that on a shelf. Two minutes later I come back through and he'd knocked it off and had wripped open the plastic bag and was trying to stick his paw in the small hole I'd made in the Nature's Menu bag.. The wee junkie!

So I may try some Nature's Menu wet food too, although I think I'll stick to Felix as their main meal every day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
15-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #4

Royal Canin do a food specifically for Indoor cats. You can usually get sample packs of these from your local Royal Canin stockist. If you have any trouble getting a sample pack just pm me and I will get you some.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
15-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #5

Mine live on Pro Plan and its the best food I've ever known it all looks the same so they can't be fussy and they do different types suiting to you cats. Mine have light cat food but they also sometimes have the housecat as well.

Almost a Veteran Member

16-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #6

Thanks Kay and ellenlouise! I will look into both of those. I'll have a wee peek at the local petshop for a Royal Canin sample, but I may be in touch Kay if they don't Thanks for the kind offer!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Exotic Short Hair
16-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #7

Hi Meep,

I feed two kinds of dry food to Figo. One is Royal Canin and in that you have lots of variety depending on the type of cat you have, like indoor formula, fit 32, then you have for specific breeds as well. (I give mine Indoor Formula or the Fit 32 one) I have also recently started feeding him James Wellbeloved Adult Dry Food in Lamb and Rice flavour and Figo seems to enjoy it a lot, also the ingredients list for JWB are much more wholesome without any unnecessary fillers and additives which I think is quite nice. I hope this helped you a little

Almost a Veteran Member

17-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #8

Thanks Keziah! I have been tempted by both Royal Canin and James Wellbeloved. They do both in my local pet store too which is handy! I may look out for samples...

Thanks

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: RAGDOLL
20-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #9

my cat has pro plan indoor dryed food it helps with litter odour and hairballs and it does work i am also feeding kittens on abit of pro plan kitten delicate

Almost a Veteran Member

28-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #10

Thanks debbie! Sorry for delay in replying, didn't have net access for a week.

I think something that controls litter odour would be welcome! They're big boys and sometimes it isn't subtle I'll have a look at the pro plan...