Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #1

It all went well

Afternoon all,
Not long back from the hospital. It all went well.
I had a sigmoidoscopy done and was very brave and had it with out the sedation although half way through the procedure I soon regretted this and wish I had opted for the sedation and did at one point ask him for it,It was total agony,he had to pull the camera down and couldnt go as far up as he would have liked.
Anyway he said its definatley IBS but he also found a polyp,which he removed along with some other biopsies,once the results have come back he will decide what form of treatment,if any is needed (he said the plyp would have caused some of the spasms and stomach pains) and the results would also determine if I will need a full Colonoscopy or not (fingers crossed I wont need this). So all good news that nothing nasty has been found, I just hope I wont have to have the colonoscopy done now but he did say it was only by luck that he found the polyp as they are usually picked up during a colonoscopy and that if I had one done the chances are they would find some more!

My stomach is so so sore and tender at the moment,so much so that I cant even think about food and I was really looking forward to fish and chips too

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #2

Re: It all went well

I'm so pleased it's all over for you Erin, you were very brave (((hugs)))

Take things easy with regard to eating for the time being, give your stomach chance to recover and settle down..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #3

Pleased its over and done with Erin....take things easy now...hugsxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #4

Oh that does sound unpleasant. But I'm glad it's all over for now. Hopefully the polyp removal will make a difference to the way you feel . . . fingers crossed.

Just take it easy and drink some warm fluids to help your tum get back to normal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
12-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #5

I'm catching up ....been offline a few days....

((((((HUGS)))))) Erin and so glad it went well, like the others I say...take it easy tonight and enjoy the fish & chips tomorrow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #6

Oh Erin - so sorry you can't face F&C - perhaps tomorrow? You've been very brave and deserve a relaxing evening in front of the TV with a warm drink. ***HUGS*** from me and Merlin sends purrrrrrrs xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #7

Pleased everything went well Erin, one bit of advice though, Never, I mean NEVER, refuse sedation for such things, dont be brave be smart
Fingers crossed that you dont have to go through any more and that they will now find a treatment to help.
Big hugs xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
12-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #8

Thanks all, Ive decided to have my fish and chips tomorrow although im not happy about it

Elaine the thing is right,if I would have had the sedation I would have had to have stay in the recovery room for an hour,and i was that starving I thought forget that,I want it done then I want fish and chips little did I know my stomach would hurt so much after,they did say it would be uncomfortable for a while,but it way beyond that i really should have had the sedation
When I went for the endoscopy down the throat (dont know the propper name) 2 years ago,I practically demanded sedation but I wasnt quite so starving then I sware I was soooo close to wasting away,my body started to eat my muscles ok maybe taking things a little to far there but NEVER NEVER again will I go for 25 hours without food

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #9

If they offer sedation then the chances are 78.34567% of people would need sedation.......the motto here being next time
TAKE THE SEDATION WOMAN

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #10

Glad it's all over Erin. Take it easy missus ((hugs))