Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #21

Re: upper endoscopy june 11th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
OMG, Fran, you are gutsy!!! I'm with Tink...anaesthesia is scary, but better than that!

Lol Eileen, I wasn't offered anaesthesia, only IV sedation or not! I choose not, so that I could drive myself home afterwards and didn't need anyone to pick me up from the hospital

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #22

Hope everything went well Tink and you are feeling ok?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #23

Yay Tink! How are you doing?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #24

Hope it went well...do let us know....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #25

How ya doing kidda???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #26

hi everyone, it is thursday night and i'm just getting back on track. i'm okay, thanx for your thoughts!
well, they let my OH stay with me till i got put out which lessened the nerves. he got to stay with me while i got the IV put in, oxygen, hooked up to the heart monitor, etc. after i was wheeled into the room.
i met many different people in staff so it was a bit overwhelming. the anesthesiologist was nice but i got switched to a different room and he called me by the wrong name which made my eyes pop out..LOL. but they cleared it up.
i remember the anesthesiologist injecting a syringe full of drugs into the IV..i was under the impression that was just the stuff to relax me so i wouldn't be sleeping yet.
then the nurse wrapped something around my head and told me to bite down on a bit to make sure it was in my mouth before i fell asleep. i remember being annoyed thinking she was putting it in too early. then i remember staring at the wall and saying "i'm not even sleepy yet, how rude". next thing i know she is taking it back out of my mouth. i rolled over and asked her "why are you doing this?" she said "because you're done"..then i went on and on about "no i'm not" and kept saying they were lying to me while they rolled me into recovery. my OH was there and i guess i told him "it wasn't even done, they are liars"..he showed me pictures of my stomach and small intestine to prove it to me and i said something about "oh, they just photocopied those out of a book"...LOL!
the rest is foggy..the doctor said i had red divets in my stomach and the overproduction of acid was eating my stomach lining and i had gastritis. he prescribed a medicine and scheduled a HIDA scan for this monday to watch my gallbladder function after they inject dye with a tracer into my system.
they wheeled me out as i couldn't walk. my head was really heavy. i went home and laid down and came out a few hours later and told my OH i was having trouble sleeping and i'd only been in there for a few minutes..he said i slept three hours.
then i was drowsy all night but couldn't sleep but was too tired to sit up. it was really frustrating. finally, at four am i took a sleep med and slept until seven pm today.
i drank some coffee and am finally really awake at ten pm now.
so that's where i am. i feel like i lost two days...LOL.
taz and monkey (the ferrets) cuddled and groomed my iv site all night. kuan yin slept by my side as well.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #27

Glad it's all over Tink ........and you didn't even know it! I had to smile at your description of coming round after

Will still be thinking of you on Monday when you have your gall bladder looked at so more calming vibes will be on their way to you again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #28

That was a fine description of what happened Tink, had me smiling too! Sorry you've finally come to completely when it's time to start thinking about falling asleep again. Good luck on Monday. As Mags says, vibes will be winging their way to you again then! Have a good weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #29

Woo hoo, quite an ordeal! You must be so relieved it's over; I too will be thinking of you Monday and sending good vibes!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
13-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #30

Glad you had a pleasant experience with it and you finally have some answers as to what you are treating now X