Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #21

Re: Oh dear

I know. There are days when I feel ready to quit then I have a fag and really enjoy it. I guess thats the life of a junkie for ya

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #22

I gave up last June Elaine - does your hubby smoke too? I could not give up until mine did and he gave up with no problems, just stopped one day. I had lots of pangs and thoughts about how to go and buy a packet of fags and have a sneaky smoke, but after I'd given up for a few days the thought of the smell put me off and my hubby would have been sure to have known. Also, the look of delight on the nurse's face that I saw at my surgery when I went in for a check up in September and I told her I had given up - that was a real boost to my willpower. But you've got to want to give up in yourself and for yourself. No amount of nagging helps - I know!

Well done with making positive moves about your diet - that's sure to help you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-03-2008, 11:27 AM   #23

Thanx Angie. Graham does smoke too which makes it harder. He has given up several times, as have I. We will do it one day but as you said, we really have to want it.