Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #11

Re: Oh dear

Gosh - just had a brill thought! What if Cats Protection and the NHS became partners - then doctors could prescribe rescued cats for their patients that need that soothing, calming presence in their lives!!! Solve all sorts of problems with one go!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #12

I think that'd be a pretty good idea

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
......or Graham!
That'd only make matters worse, he has already came home and started a war about the mess i left the car in Told him I had high blood pressure and he then lectured me about diet and excercise

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #14

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
20-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #15

watch your salt intake. dont add salt to your food, u will get used to it. and exercise is good for lowering high BP.
my OH had high BP and it was not dealt with. drugs ect, and he had a brain hemorrhages last year. luckily hes doing really well. but we keep his BP down now, and go into asdas regular as they off a free BP check.
good luck.

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #16

OMG, I am sorry to hear that BM.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-03-2008, 08:44 PM   #17

Why was I not surprised to hear this? That toxic workplace would stress Mother Teresa! Knowing you, you've probably already Googled HBP, so I'm not going to offer any suggestions...take care of yourself, chum, (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

20-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #18

Thanx Eileen, I havent googled it yet. Was just gonna make sure I had an early night tonight and curl up with a book and the kitty cats.

Catsey Veteran

21-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #19

All googled out now on the high blood pressure thing
Plan of action starts tomorrow. My diet has been rubbish lately, so I'll start with that, gonna go shopping and get proper foods in, veg, fruit etc. Diet and excercise, well thats gonna be helped by the dog walking stuff, smoking, well there's a difficulty, I'd really like to stop but I still enjoy my fags , cafeine intake has risen a fair bit, so will have to take stock of that. Stress, getting the hell out of Acorn will solve alot of that. Fingers crossed, if I am strict with myself, the next blood pressure reading will have fallen.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
All googled out now on the high blood pressure thing
Plan of action starts tomorrow. My diet has been rubbish lately, so I'll start with that, gonna go shopping and get proper foods in, veg, fruit etc. Diet and excercise, well thats gonna be helped by the dog walking stuff, smoking, well there's a difficulty, I'd really like to stop but I still enjoy my fags , cafeine intake has risen a fair bit, so will have to take stock of that. Stress, getting the hell out of Acorn will solve alot of that. Fingers crossed, if I am strict with myself, the next blood pressure reading will have fallen.
You are thinking positively Elaine and that is going to help you a lot...

Who knows, one day you may be able to give up smoking .......Moli was determined and she managed it