Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
05-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #1

Passed Out Today

What a day! I was in theatre with the vet doing a cruciate ligament repair on a dog. I've scrubbed in to these loads of times, and felt absolutely fine. I wasn't hot, I wasn't feeling sick or anything. Was having a conversation with the vet, and within about two seconds I broke out in a sweat and my vision went blurry, and then I just passed out luckily the anaesthetist caught me and dragged me out of the theatre when I came to I had no clue what was going on!

After a drink of water and a bar of chocolate I was absolutely fine again, I'm wondering if maybe my blood sugar dropped I have passed out once before and that was to do with my blood pressure being too low but that was an hour after my car crash and most likely due to delayed shock - one of the most scary experiences of my life!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #2

Re: Passed Out Today

I'm glad you feel better now Amber, that must have been a shock to everyone in the theatre..

It might be a good idea if you popped along to your doctor to get your blood pressure checked..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
05-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #3

how old are u amber (if u dont mind me askin???) and i agree a trip to the docs. or if your near an asdas they are doing a free health check, they do your BP. might be a bit on the low side.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #4

How very scary, Amber! I agree you might want to be looked at; not normal for a healthy young woman to black out like that.......take care, (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #5

Any possibility at all that you could be pregnant?? I agree a check up with the doctor is inorder, certainly worth ruling out diabetes, BP problems and pregnancy! Do let us know how you get on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #6

So sorry to hear you passed out Amber. Nothing the vet was saying to you, I hope? I agree with the comments above - best to go get your BP checked and blood sugar. I've passed out twice - not a nice experience at all.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
05-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #7

Boysmum I'm 19.

Thanks guys, I had my blood pressure checked just over a week ago for my pre-op check, and have it checked every 6 months as I'm on the contraceptive pill - has been totally normal at all checks. I'm due at the hospital on 19th Feb wondering whether to wait until then? I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to the docs! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #8

Sorry to hear this Amber, had you eaten at all? have you had your blood sugar tested? Where you hormonal? or taking any medication? Just things that may alter your chemical balance

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
08-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #9

Had you been standing for a length of time? I use to faint all the time if I was stood up still for about 5 mins. The blood use to clot behind my knees and id pass out. So if I have to stand still, I now have to keep my legs moving!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #10

Amber, did you see a doctor? Are you feeling OK now?