Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #11

Re: must be mad!!! just joined a gym!!!

LOL!!! I'm hankering after getting back to the gym. I really need that motivation of getting out of the door and doing something rather than promising myself I will do some exercises and then not doing them!!!

Told OH I would like another membership as a Christmas present (he did that a couple of years ago). It works both ways; I feel that he's spent the money so I should use the gift and he has spent the money and therefore can't really complain if he's left to look after the boys as I'm actually using his present!!!

I look forward to hearing how you get on Emma . . . it sounds like you have a nice environment to work out in

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #12

THANKS DONNA!!!!!!!! lol

Yola you should join up again, well so should anybody who wants to, at the gym today there were all shapes and sizes!! and I stayed in the Ladies only gym

10 mins on the cross trainer
20 mins walking at a reasonable pace on the treadmill, incline at 1 and walking pace of 5.5 mph which I really enjoyed
10 mins on bike
10 mins on recumbent bike

various weight machines.

Really enjoyed today, going back on Thursday and I have my induction on Friday where Adam my instructor will see how fit I am and can tailor my plan I hope he doesn't make me run on a treadmill!!!! lol

The facilities are so nice, all the machines have TV, music, MTV on them, nobody was taking any notice of anybody else which was nice.

The have a fantastic crèche there as well, if only I had children

They also do a lot of classes, spin, pilate's, yoga etc and also have a nice swimming pool

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #13

It sounds like an excellent gym Emma! The facilities sound great The thought of a personal trainer would fill me with horror I think I'd be declared a no hope case

Hope you enjoy the rest of your sessions

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
14-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
THANKS DONNA!!!!!!!! lol

Really enjoyed today, going back on Thursday and I have my induction on Friday where Adam my instructor will see how fit I am and can tailor my plan I hope he doesn't make me run on a treadmill!!!! lol

The facilities are so nice, all the machines have TV, music, MTV on them, nobody was taking any notice of anybody else which was nice.

The have a fantastic crèche there as well, if only I had children

They also do a lot of classes, spin, pilate's, yoga etc and also have a nice swimming pool
Gyms fill me with dread. Not the exercise, but more the not knowing what particular machine does what, what I am supposed to do, if I am doing something wrong, and all the other people knowing what they are doing and I dont!!!

My idea of hell!!! But glad you enjoyed it Emma!

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #15

lol a good gym should show you have to use the equipment Donna, the instructor today showed me how to use everything (and got me use to a couple of the machines and weights) Most of the machines are VERY easy to use.

Thanks Fran, I just hope that I Friday he doesn't decide to push me too much!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #16

I've never been to a gym; they impress me as being a bit intimidating! I do have a rowing machine and stationary bike at home. not used very often....., and some small barbells, which I pretty much gave up on as I couldn't see they were doing anything for upper arm strength.....

Catsey Veteran

17-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #17

Eileen, the gyms are not normally too intimidating, after a day or so you tend to get over that feeling.

Certainly back into the swing of things at the gym now we are back from holiday, so far this month I have lifted 33 tonnes and burnt enough calories 36 apples contain

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #18

Wow, Emma, well done!!!

Catsey Veteran

17-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #19

Thanks Eileen I have definitely got the gym bug !!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #20

Well done Emma, you're putting the rest of us to shame!