Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
29-05-2021, 05:46 AM   #1

Wet and wild Saturday.

Good morning everyone.
My first time posting in a week. I've been brooding over a decision made NOT to prosecute the owner of the cane corso whom I named Bronte.Evidently there isn't enough evidence to support a prosecution and no one is willing to go ahead with it.This makes me so angry and it means that Bronte's life and death has meant nothing. I feel that if she had she not been a corso, things may have been different. Unfortunately, I may have now lost my chance to get Ruby at the end of this year, simply because I spoke out, but I'm not ashamed that I did so.. Sorry, but I've been so very angry about it, but now I'm going to let it go.I feel that Bronte knew she was loved at the end of her life and she's happy now, running with Willow.

Enough of all the bad news. Good news from the cardiologist on Wednesday. My heart is fine, no fast beats or missed beats any more although my BP is still low and i'm on different medications yet again. He feels that the noise in my ears will eventually leave me. It's caused by the effect the earlier medication has had on my brain (yeah, I do actually have a brain, although sometimes I seriously doubt it !!!). He doesn't want to see me again until 3 months, so I feel much happier now.

Apart from feeling bad tempered all week, I haven't done much and I am feeling lazy.Today, my cousin was going to come round as usual, but we had a severe weather warning issued last night ,for today and tomorrow - extremely heavy rain, gales and the danger of mud slips. My cousin cancelled her visit coz she doesn't like driving in such conditions.. Unfortunately I'd already made asparagus rolls for our lunch, so have spent the entire afternoon eating them and watching 4 "Criminal Minds" episodes . I'm now so full that I can't manage any tea, but may have something around 8pm.

Gosh, the rain is so heavy at the moment. All the cats are in the lounge, looking miserable. The heat pump is on and it's nice and warm in here. If the weather wasn't so bad, I'd love to go out for a walk and walk off some of those asparagus rolls.I won't tell you how many I've eaten - you'll think I'm so greedy.

PAMELA,I'm so pleased that Barney got a clean bill of health at the vet's.Thank goodness that those lumps are all OK, but I'm sorry he has allergies that make him bite and scratch. Is he reacting to grains in his food ? Willow reacted badly to grains and would bite and chew her paws. I had her on a totally raw diet which certainly helped. Lucky you getting your second vaccination in June. We haven't even had our first one yet, and there's not even a mention of it.Congratulations on that 10k run the other day and beating your previous time by 10 seconds. You must have been so pleased.Did you manage to get that hall booked for October yet ? AND I hear you are still going to sell your bike, when that new part comes. Fair enough. I hope it comes quicker than the part I'm STILL waiting on for the air con. At least it's going fine on the warm/hot settings.

SHELLEY,congratulations to you, too, for the great feedback you received from one of your parents. It's so nice to be appreciated for all your hard work and you certainly deserve it.Good for you.I know that you're now off work and travelling to Scotland today for a holiday, so safe travelling and I hope you have a great time.Let's hope you get some decent weather so you can try out your new body boards. Sounds like lots of fun.

YOLA and KAZZ, hope all is well with you both and you're now enjoying less lock down restrictions and warmer weather.

Well everyone, have a great Saturday. Hope the sun shines for you all and you are able to get out and about and do something that you love.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-05-2021, 06:56 AM   #2

Re: Wet and wild Saturday.

Morning Dinky,

That is awful that not criminal charges are being brought against Brontes owner. From what you said about her, he deserves to have charges brought against him after how badly poor Bronte suffered. In respects to Ruby, i would be jumping at the chance to let my dog go to a home with someone who is passionate about the breed and wants to speak out against cruelty against them!! I do hope Rubys current owner feels the same.

I do hope the weather warning doesnt become as bad as you have said, please make sure you stay safe. The asparagus rolls would have gone to waste if you didnt eat them so you were making sure they didnt Have you had something to eat since?

I have been awake since 530am this morning so its going to be a long day!! We had Dominoes pizza for dinner last night which i think has caused an bit of an upset stomach, not to worry it will settle down.

I am going on a bike ride today with the ladies group but as pillion because my bike is still off the road as the road as my part hasnt arrived yet. It was posted on Monday from down south so should have arrived on Monday but i think the guy didnt actually post it until yesterday!! The bike ride is to a place called Largs which is beside the water. Its somewhere i have been wanting to visit again as my mum used to love it there so its nice to be going today and the weather is to be warm and dry for the next week or so so may as well make the most of it!!

The vet reckons is seasonal allergies. The last time he was like this, we put him on a grain free food and it didnt make a difference. He got a jag last night but he is still biting this morning. Iam hoping that the jag is still getting into his system and he will stop or we will need to go back.

Shelley, enjoy your trip, your weather is looking good!!

Have a great weekend everyone, so glad its a bank holiday weekend here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #3

Re: Wet and wild Saturday.

Hello Pamela, Dinky, Yola and Kazz.
We are now in Scotland, had a good journey and went to a carboot first.
I managed to find 2 Vintage dolls and an umbrella.
Dinky, that's awful about poor Bronte, good for you speaking out, I hope Karma gets him.
Please can you tell me how to make asparagus rolls?
Great news about your heart, some advice re your ears, don't listen to the noise.
I know it sounds impossible but a couple of years ago I had loads of floaters in my eyes, they drove me nuts.
The optition told me not to look at them and it really worked, I no longer see them.
Pamela, great news about Barney, you must be so relieved.
I hope you enjoy your ladies ride.
I was thinking of Eileen today, whatever time you posted on catsey she seemed to be there.
Still miss her.