Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
18-05-2021, 06:02 AM   #1

Tuesday Daily.

Good morning everyone and welcome to Tuesday.It's Tuesday 4.15pm here at the moment after a strange day, weather wise. Raining and thunder this morning, then from lunch time, the sun came out and everything got nice and dry.I've been hearing on the news that a lot of your restrictions have now been lifted. You must all be thrilled to have things open again after so long.I'm really pleased for you all and I bet life is now a lot easier for you and more enjoyable.

I'm now cleaning out the pool room, which is a small room off the garage. It's so full of junk, it's not funny.We're slowly getting there, but I find that when I get this horrid noise in my ears (yeah, I'm still getting it), i have to go and sit down for a bit, which is really frustrating.

Having chicken tonight for tea and i can smell it cooking. Yum.Janna and I walked down to the local mall this afternoon. I had to have a BP check and blood test while Janna did some shopping. BP still very much up and down ,but I'm seeing the cardiologist on 26th again, and hopefully he will change the medication. The various pills he's given me make me very tired and I often go to sleep in the lounge at night while watching TV. I'm so cross when I wake up to find I've missed something really good.

My DVD, "The Lady in the Van " arrived ,but I haven't watched it yet. I was going to watch it at the weekend, but my cousin came round and she wasn't keen on it, despite me telling her how good it was

Cats are all fine, but they don't like the colder weather much.This afternoon, they were all lying in the back conservatory ,enjoying the sunshine., and leaving white fur over the floor.. I spent ages cleaning that floor, but all to no avail. Lawn carpet and long haired cats are definitely NOT a good combination.

PAMELA, that bike of yours must look sparkling now.So you're still thinking of selling it and getting a bigger one ? At least it's going well for you now, and of course you'll pass your unrestricted license soon. How exciting ! Fancy the little grey squirrels being classed as .vermin. We don't have squirrels here ,but I think they're beautiful.Hedgehogs have recently been classed as vermin here in NZ which is a great pity . People don't seem to have a lot of empathy when it comes to wild creatures. I bet you're going to enjoy your 2 days off, and I hope the weather is fine for you and you are able to fit in a couple of runs and rides. Hope Barney still has some fur left after his haircut, and that Skye is now OK. AND how lovely that the stone/plaque for your mum has arrived. What a perfect tribute to her memory. It will look stunning sitting in front of the sundial. Your mum would indeed be very proud.

SHELLEY,hope you got the brake pads on the car fixed OK. I bet your dad enjoyed his dinner with you last Friday. That nature reserve near you sounds idyllic and lucky you to be able to feed the wild birds. I'm glad the swans have returned again this year. Perhaps they'll have some more babies and you'll be able to watch them grow like last time.I often think of the other swan couple sitting on eggs that will never hatch. Do they eventually just abandon the nest ? Poor swans.Oh yes, I remember you had made a booking to eat out at a restaurant on 17th. I hope you both enjoyed it and had a great meal.

YOLA, so glad your new MacBook arrived safely and everything is working fine with it.It's good it's got a bigger screen too.I'm going to go and look up "Hampstead" tonight and see if it's available on trademe. I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Well everyone, the smell of that chicken in the slow cooker is driving me crazy, so I'm off to do some veges. I've got "The Dog House " to watch on TV tonight and then Coro, if I manage to stay awake long enough.

Have a fantastic Tuesday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-05-2021, 09:21 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday Daily.

Good morning everyone (well evening Dinky )

Sounds like you have had a lovely but busy time!! Glad the weather has cleared up and its not raining anymore and the cats are enjoying the sun

I love having a good clearout which may be my plan tomorrow for my day off. I have a motorbike lesson today which will take me another step closer to getting my full license. Your chicken dinner sounds good!! I have wanted a chicken dinner the last couple of sundays but it hasnt worked out and wont this week as i have a run with the ladies on sunday.

How are the restrictions in NZ? Ours have relaxed quite a bit. Stevens mum took great pleasure in coming to see us yesterday and having a hug as she always likes to hug us. Im not really a huggy person but i tolerate it from her.

I cant believe hedgehogs are classed as vermin!! they are so cute and dont do any harm to anything. Grey squirrels here are classed as vermin as they are apparently the reason that red squirrels numbers have declined.

Shelley, i hope the car is running better for you now. I always worry when the brakes need done as they take a wee bit to properly bed in after being changed.

Yola, how is the new Macbook? I always liked when i worked in the schools and it was Macs we used.

I have been organised this morning and been to the shop as i needed teabags, cant be doing with not having a cup of tea!! Also treated Steven and i to a wee breakfast roll and a latte. Not a fan of coffee but love a wee latte!! Got my lesson later then heading to my dads to pick up my mums car as i need a car this week for a few different errands so he has said i can borrow it. I do like having it for sentimental reasons.

Have a great day everyone