Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #21

Re: Puppy

It's a bit of a long tale Kazz. There is this horrid page on FB that many post cheap or free animals on, a bit like gumtree. As you can all imagine, I have locked heads a few times and try not to look on there too often. I saw this pups face appear a few times. I saw some one I kinda know offer to take him and she did so, but she was not ideal either and made a big song and dance about him being aggressive etc. My agility instructor contacted her to offer some help in order for the pup not to be pushed to yet another home. She then sent me a txt after she had met him and said that if it didn't work out there, he would be the ideal little dog match for Rayne. As she finished telling me this, the girl txt her and said she couldn't keep him so my agility instructor said she would foster him and then asked me to meet her at the beach and to take Rayne, we met again yesterday at her field and we will meet again tomorrow at my field with her dogs there too. I asked if he could meet Rayne in a variety of settings in order to make sure that she's not going to kill him lol. He is booked into the vets next week and is registered under my name, I need to sort out the flat a little and make a bit of quiet space in my bedroom for his crate. I will be having as much interaction with him as I can, and Rayne too, so that it's not going to be too scarey for him to come home with me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #22

He looks lovely Elaine, i hope things work out well.
I'm sure they will as you know what you are doing and things are being done properly. Poor little pup, so glad you found him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #23

See I cannot look on sites like that in fact pet shop windows scare me - soft eh. Sounds like he has landed on his feet even if Rayne is not keen then hopefuly
you and your trainer can sort him a good home thats
suitable for him.

Sometimes you really need to wonder what if anything goes through peoples heads.........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #24

Thats one very lucky little pup, he is a real cutie...

Catsey Veteran

24-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #25

It's all looking really promising, Rayne is offering passive signals of avoidance rather than confrontation. Graham on the other hand doesn't discuss anything that I'd like he just tries to lay down the law and forgets that this is my house and that he pays nothing for the animals and is never burdened with them. He is just going to have to suck this one up because Philo will be coming home.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
24-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #26

Hurrah, Elaine. Good for you, I'm so pleased Philo is home with you. Poor little chap, he will be so glad to have a proper routine and some peace and quiet. I have always believed that children and animals don't mix unless they are properly supervised. I am not surprised that most dog rescues don't rehome dogs to homes with young children.

Catsey Veteran

25-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #27

Philo got told off by Rayne today for being too much in her face, he squealed but took the telling which is good. He now knows his name and he's a wee poppet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #28

aww, he's lovely Elaine Congrats on the new addition x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
26-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #29

Congrats on the new addition and am sure Graham will get the idea the doggie is staying soon enough and afterall he has his hobbies!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #30

Looks like he is a good mixer Elaine. Sure he will fit in well.