Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #21

Re: Bl**dy fireworks

Update she has just had a small saucer of milk - she won't touch her water.

I just hope that as our "bond" strengthens I will become more acustomed to it.

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Poor girl, my Gyp is very noise phobic, I start giving her Skullcap & Valerium about a week before th fireworks strtand they really help....
Have done that Pat and not sure they help. But if they are not really helping well if they are I would hate to see her without them.

But actually I am sort of getting used to it. She is very self sufficient coming immediately now to my bedroom and popping herself under the dressing table. Which has now become my desk.

Good Lord I added a smiley face to a Bella and fireworks chat,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #23

More loud fireworks just over the road this evening. Poor Monty was such a wreck, panting and shaking. He found a place down by the side of the fridge-freezer and didn't come out until his daddy came home (he'd been in London all day). Even Dora was scared and was shivering, but she came to me and hid her head between my knees and allowed herself to be comforted and recovered quickly. I gave both of them some rescue remedy but not sure it helped. Made me think I was trying though.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #24

I have the same issue here tonight again Angie we were good until about 7.30ish then bombs again. I have found louder than average TV and a background noise of a CD playing music about level 3-4 seems to make her less jumpy but she has settled well tonight in her den (ie under my dressing table) she was on the sofa asleep before that.
My heart goes out to you.

Edited to say she is snoring now but although felt brave enough to walk across ad get a drink of water she does not feel safe enough to go out for awe and I don't blame her still some going off - maybe an hour or so,

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #25

You just feel so helpless, don't you? At least in Dora's case she wasn't so petrified that she didn't want to be close but with Monty in the end I just had to leave him and wait for him to come back on his own. I checked him every so often but the wisdom is not to fuss them.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #26

Well at 1.30am she decided it was okay and went out for a wee and the curled up on the sofa and went to sleep. I sat in the armchair and fell asleep. Cd was put on in case. But today we have had 5 walks and 4 wee runs between 6.30am and 3pm ish and blow me a lone firework banged and up here she came she is fast asleep as no more since however is on alert as her ears are twitching but have Elvis best song on TV really loud and Dean Martin on the laptop may move to country and western later need something that is a constant but not boom boom.
The fireworks came on the TV earlier and she could not give a hoot - ust be a different decibel or something.
Hope yours have finished Angie.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #27

Still at it around here Lord knows whats going on 100 shot ones apparently and some sort of bomb ones again some of which were so loud the neighbours were outside thinking there had been a crash involving a tanker on the motorway (has happened before)

Bella is okayish but far from good hope this stops soon.

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #28

Monty has been scared again tonight, although there were no fireworks in the village, but some way away. Monty ran out into the garden when Dora went out for a wee and we had a major struggle to find him and get him back in. Shivering and panting again and really there was nothing nearly as bad as before. And I'd given him Zylkene but perhaps I should have been giving it to him days ago as I expect it has a cumulative effect.