Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #1

Trail of Destruction (or Dora's in Trouble Again!)

The trail of destruction starts in the sitting room ...

Something's wrong with the sofa ...

Good Gracious! A hole - could it be mice, or someone a bit bigger?

*I turn my face away from such accusations ... I'm hurt you think it was me*

*Oh, all right it was .... it's tiring being so norty!*

*Me? I rise above it all and I'm saying nothing (but I'm SUCH a good boy!)*

WHERE'S KNINESERVANT? (OH)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #2

Re: Trail of Destruction (or Dora's in Trouble Again!)

Looks like she is a handful Angie!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #3

Is this a recent thing Angie?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
31-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #4

I take it you were out? Looks like Separation Anxiety, it is not easiest to deal with. Have you got a small spare room you can put her or failing that, crate train her. What age is she now?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #5

oh Dora and poor Angie .

Monty looks like : I told you so!

Catsey Veteran

31-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
I take it you were out? Looks like Separation Anxiety, it is not easiest to deal with. Have you got a small spare room you can put her or failing that, crate train her. What age is she now?
No, we weren't out - just doing some important paperwork in the study ..... one minute she was lying on the floor with us and the next, well ........ the pictures tell the story. She'd had her long morning walk and should have been spark out. I think she gets bored, we must look at some brain training games for her. She is always crated (as is Monty) if we go out, we know she couldn't be trusted. Monty probably could be now he's 2 but they both settle well in their crates which are next to each other.

Catsey Veteran

31-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Is this a recent thing Angie?
The sofa is!!! Twigs, branches, bits of wood and tissue aren't and although they make a mess, don't do any harm. She will also make off with plastic bags and other things she shouldn't have and she's had loaves of bread and rolls too in the past. We are gradually getting better at patrolling the counters and keeping stuff out of her way. It's been hard getting used to how tall she is and just what she can reach.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
31-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
No, we weren't out - just doing some important paperwork in the study ..... one minute she was lying on the floor with us and the next, well ........ the pictures tell the story. She'd had her long morning walk and should have been spark out. I think she gets bored, we must look at some brain training games for her. She is always crated (as is Monty) if we go out, we know she couldn't be trusted. Monty probably could be now he's 2 but they both settle well in their crates which are next to each other.
Ouch! Think you may crate her next time. Have been there in the past so can sympathise x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
The sofa is!!! Twigs, branches, bits of wood and tissue aren't and although they make a mess, don't do any harm. She will also make off with plastic bags and other things she shouldn't have and she's had loaves of bread and rolls too in the past. We are gradually getting better at patrolling the counters and keeping stuff out of her way. It's been hard getting used to how tall she is and just what she can reach.
Maybe its the lurcher in her never had a one but believe they are counter surfers
Maybe the physical exercise is not enough for her if she wants to find things (to chew) then why not turn it into a game and have chosen items like a tracking game.....exercise her brain.
Even those dog ball things where they have to roll/shake etc to get the food treat out. You can get them that you adjust the holes for treats I think.

I have to say I play basic brain games with Bella like "which hand" I put a treat in one hand bring the hand from behind my back and she now touches the hand with the treat with her paw.....she gets the treat. I also play hide and seek at times and hide in a bedroom shed side of garden and call her...good for her recall and she seems to enjoy it.
I have started today Sal's favourite game which is lock her out of the living room and hide a treat and get her to "find it" when she does we have a game of tug Sal would "find it" from all over the house she got so excited being shut in the garden knowing the game was going to happen hopefuly Bella will enjoy it as much - we shall see.
Not the same breed but Mom and Dad's OES cross Ben used to collect all sorts of things Mom then decided he could help "tidy up" and used to throw his toys all over the place they were soft mostly and get him to pick them up and put them in a box.....took her a while but Ben adored it.
He eventually would pick up a wide range of things on request - clever lad he was. He loved thinking I think (I was not home had moved out) he used to carry the peg bag up the garden for Mom and could shut doors on request too.