Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
01-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #21

Re: A slow decline

My thoughts are with you both, I lost my mum through a long illness and in some ways it was so long and others far, far too quick. Be kind to yourself x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #22

Update:

K's fever broke a bit back but his legs have steadily gotten worse. Very, very painful now..one has lost all color and warmth and stopped bending at the knee. He's only comfortable if lying flat. The pain is so bad he actually is talking about going to the ER, if only for pain relief it'd be about worth it at this point.
This may be a good thing in the long run as we've been trying to get him to go in so we can get the okay for palliative/hospice care to make him more comfortable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
14-08-2011, 01:08 AM   #23

My heart goes out to you both. It is so hard and awful to watch someone you love in such obvious discomfort.

Whatever you decide to do it will be the right decision.

Hugs xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-08-2011, 01:31 AM   #24

Oh Tink! I hope you can get him in for pain relief/possible hospice, so hard for you and his parents, (((hugs))), be strong.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-08-2011, 01:43 AM   #25

Thanks guys. No idea when this will happen..he was talking Monday but really it's whenever he says "go" and away we go..

Another bad thing from this is I find myself furious with other people for complaining about things that are not life or death. It's probably not fair to them but my emotion right now is of the "How dare you??" variety.
It's all painfully in perspective for me right now and I'm afraid I'll be a bit cold to other people sometimes because I find it hard to feel sympathy about the little things.
Of course I'd probably be doing the same if I wasn't in this situation but fact is I am and I just get so easily frustrated.

We tried shopping last week and I saw people push past him while he was in the wheelchair..roll their eyes or cut in front of him in line. I wanted to scream and to hit them.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #26

So sorry to hear the pain has become almost intolerable for K, Tink. I hope you'll be able to get him some pain relief very soon to make him feel more comfortable.

This must be such a worrying time for you and I know you will do your best to stay strong for K.

*Hugs* to you, my thoughts are with you both ..... xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #27

(((((HUGS))))) Tink. I can appreciate how you feel about the insensitivity of others, but think you just need to tell yourself that they can't possible know just how poorly K is, even though he's in his wheelchair. I agree that people can generally be unfeeling and dismissive too, but there is no way that a stranger can understand unless they took the time to find out how K or you are feeling. I remember getting cross with a fellow student years ago when he was rude to a deaf boy - I knew the boy was deaf, the other student didn't. Not the same thing, but just an illustration really that "others" don't actually know.

I do so hope that K decides that he does want to go to ER and gets pain relief at the very least.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #28

Nothing to add to what has already been said but I do hope K accepts he needs the help. It must be hard to do so. And look afteryourself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #29

I can't add anything either to what's already been said; I do hope he'll agree to go in for the pain relief, I'm awed at your strength at this awful time ...... (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #30

im so sorry to hear things are getting worse for K, my thoughts are with you both xx