Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #11

Re: A slow decline

Not much to say, except my thoughts are with you and K.......xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #12

What a heartbreaking situation you're in, Tink, I'm so sorry to hear this.

You must feel so alone facing this but as you can see from the above posts, we are all very concerned for both you and K.... we are your friends who want to support you, share your unhappiness and be here for you.

You are a very strong lady, you more than proved that to us when you supported K through his last serious illness. Take each day as it comes but make sure you don't neglect yourself - you need your love and strength to help K through this.

You and K are in my thoughts, sending love and hugs to you both xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
31-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #13

You wouldn't be the first person sitting at a death bed and wishing it was just over... (and feeling bad about the wish) It's not evil, it's human and almost unavoidable. And you (I/we) don't really wish them dead, just for the two of you to finally have peace after a long and heartbreaking struggle to get to that point.

Hugs! and do please take care of *you* in all this. A bit of "selfish" me-time and a break is a necessity, not a crime nor a moral weakness.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #14

"And this is the worst, most horrible part. An evil part of me wants it to be over with already. I want to press Fast Forward and skip the middle part."

I was going to comment on this but Hreow just did it so well; when my Mom lay in a coma for three days before dying I had the same feeling, and the same shame at myself for having it. It is only human, please don't beat yourself up over it.

I too can't add anything to what's already been said so well. We are here for you. to listen and support. Stay strong, take care of yourself for your own sake and especially for K's. Mammoth (((hugs))).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
31-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #15

[quote=dandysmom;653553]"And this is the worst, most horrible part. An evil part of me wants it to be over with already. I want to press Fast Forward and skip the middle part."

This is definately the hardest part, i can sympathise with this as i watched my aunt laying in a hospital bed for just over 2weeks, a young woman of 62, dying due to poor circulation not healing a wound from a leg amputation just over 18month ago. She was on the pallitative care program which helped her but it was soo hard being there everyday and seeing her. But you need to try and be strong for you and K as hard as it is xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
31-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #16

Thanks, everyone. Your words mean more than you know..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
01-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #17

I also dont know what to say other than you are a very strong women who at times will feel almost like a lost child. But you will know what to o and when and if not just ask him, 'what do you want me to do'.
I think the others have given you good advice and I can only sending positive vibes and virtual hugs xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #18

Having only just seen this I'm simply coming to top up the *hug* pile Tink. I think we've probably all been there in one way or another, or know the possibility that we'll be there at some point again.

The waiting period is hard, cause much as you'll grieve, and it will be hard, you're doing that already, and you can't go through the whole process while they are still with you, so it's like life is on hold. Until they go, you put your life on hold so to speak, because it's always uncertain just when they will do so. And it's horribly hard living with uncertainty. And the guilt is horrible for feelign that too, but oh so normal.

Thoughts are with you. *holds close* And mind, the hug pile is here, and will be topped up regularly with or without us posting to say so, for you to pick one up as and when required.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #19

Oh Tink, I really can't think of anything to add. What a horrible place to be and how strong both of you are, and will have to be, facing the situation in this way.

and

I hope our thoughts and prayers help you in some small way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #20

Sending more ((hugs)) your way Tink. I have no idea what to say really, it has already been said much more eloquently by others. But I will be keeping you and K in my thoughts and prayers xxxx