Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #1

Do you have a best friend?

As the title says "do you have a best friend" and what makes them the best friend? and how long have you been friends formchildhood last week and do you find they come and go as "things occur"?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
20-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #2

Re: Do you have a best friend?

i would say right now, that my best friend is probably my OH! i have had a few 'best friends', you seem to chop and change when your at school, i do still keep in contact with all apart from one. since leaving school, they all moved away so you loose the closeness, you can chat over phone/internet but they make new friends and dont have as much time.

its really sad, my oldest friend, and the one who probably knows me the best, lives in dundee now. she'l often come for a visit down here, but not bother tell me and stay with another girl we met in secondary, the biggest reason im excluded is because i dont drink or smoke.

my last best friend, since hooking up with her boyfriend, shes off doing things with him and his family, despite me never excluding her just because my OH was there. i've also seen a new side to her im not too sure about. shes still my friend, but i dont know if she still classes me as her best friend, im her friend basically whenever it pleases her.

i do miss having a friend you spent practically all your time with and who knows everything, but being more grown up now work and family get in the way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #3

I have a few very close friends, I would say my best friend is my Son...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
20-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #4

I have a friend that I have known since I was 5 (34 years) and I have 4 other friends who I have known for about 23 years and we are all very close and even if I dont see her for a while we pick up where we left off.
I have a very close friends who I have known for 10 years and I have friends in work who I get on with really well and I know I will be in touch with for ever.
I am able to go to each and everyone of them for differing advice and support and we are not restrictive, jealous or pushy of each other

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
21-06-2011, 02:15 AM   #5

Ive a couple - one from school days - that goes back & other from work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #6

My best and longest friendship is 48 years - met in the first year of secondary school. We don't see each other very often but when we do it's like we've never been apart. Have to say that I have never had the sort of friend that I would talk about everything to, and I think that has something to do with being an only child.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #7

My bestest friend (apart from Ceri) is my butty Susan. Were are only 10 weeks or so apart in age. We lived next door to each other until we were 18, she is more like a sister to me. We shared lots of interests growing up and although we parted and took different career paths we keep in touch every week, sometimes twice a week by phone, email etc.

She lives in Plymouth, but when Ceri had his stroke she came up every w/e to be with me and I try and be there for her when she needs me too. She had a bad divorce about 5 years ago, now she's happy in a new relationship. Neither of us have our 'own' kids but she's an auntie to my grandson and stepdaughter. She is family to all my siblings and because her parents are no longer alive considers my parents as her nearest eldest and dearest. She is a lifelong friend, always will be, miles can't separate us, ever

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #8

My best friend is someone who was like an adopted sister to me. She was there whenever my sister and i didnt get on, i would tell her things and not my own older sister. I have known her since i was 13. She moved to New Zealand last year as her sister and the kids are there but she and her husband didnt get the visa they wanted so are coming home in August so will be great to have her back. I dont see much of her even when she is here but she has always been there if i have needed her in difficult times.

I also have an oldest friend but since she got with her first ever boyfriend 18month ago, she doesnt really talk to me now. She wouldnt come and see me when i stayed in Govan and i had to go over there if she wanted to see me. So a bit of an uneven friendship.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #9

Lots a really good stories, and Thank you all for sharing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
22-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #10

my best friend was shanee, but sadly she died 3 years ago. still miss her dreadfully
i have a friend jo who when we was at school together we where *joined at the hip* and we caught up again about 18 months ago and we are in regular contact now. she came and stayed for a couple of days. and it was like the last 30 years just melted away. we talked non stop