Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #1

Eileen

I'm pleased to report that Eileen's test yesterday went very well - Christopher took her home about 6.45 pm (11.45pm UK). Eileen was going try to eat something and then go to bed after a very stressful day.

I'm so pleased and relieved yesterday is over for you, Eileen ...... you did well gal!

Have a good rest now, recharge your batteries and we'll look forward to seeing you when you are ready.

Take care ((((hugs)))) xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #2

Re: Eileen

So pleased it went well for you Eileen, thanx for the update Mags.
I have been more than a little behind on whats going on, being on a house sit with little to no internet access.
Have been thinking about you Eileen xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
16-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #3

So glad it went well, it must have been very stressful. What a relief for her to be able to sleep in her own bed and not be kept in hospital overnight.

Hope you had a good night's sleep Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #4

So glad you are home again Eileen ((((HUGS))))

Catsey Veteran

16-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #5

Thank you very much for the update Mags.
Eileen i'm so glad everything went well for you and look foward to when you can join us again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #6

Well, here I am! The good news is that my heart condition isn't as serious as originally thought (mild congestive heart failure), my arteries are clear, no plaque, and I'm OK for the surgery.

It was quite stressful, the procedure itself isn't painful as you are semi-sedated; the recovery is very tedious. The incision is very very sore today, I'm just sitting about in an old dressing gown doing nothing. I did go to bed a bit after 7 pm after a quick sandwich, slept till 9 am this morning! I'm still tired, but just glad this part is over.

Thank you all very mich for the kind wishes and thoughts; I'm convinced it helped!!!~

Global Moderator

16-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #7

It's lovely to see you here so soon, Eileen.

So pleased your condition wasn't as serious as originally thought, that was good news. Make sure you rest plenty now, it's surprising stress can tire you after a day like that.

Chin up, everything is going fine so far and I'm sure we can all rustle up plenty more vibes for you!

Catsey Veteran

16-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #8

Well, it's good news that your heart condition isn't as bad as thought ..... but sorry that the incision is sore, it's bound to be I suppose. Is there anything you can put on it, an ice pack perhaps?

Glad you didn't have to stay in and that you're home. Of course all our good wishes couldn't do anything other than help!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #9

Nothing was said about an ice pack; all I was told was watch carefully for redness, swelling or bleeding .... none of which has happened. And not to go up and down stairs too often, not to lift anything heavy, and no liquor for 12 hours after surgery so I couldn't have my martini last night!!

Catsey Veteran

16-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #10

It's a good thing there's no swelling or redness but an ice pack may help with the soreness. Sorry about the martini, but I guess you can have one this evening!