Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #1

The Latest

Well, the op Monday is temporarily cancelled. I saw the cardiologist this morning; seems I need a catheterization before they'll proceed with surgery. When I was in hospital all the emphasis was on the bleeding and colon cancer; they did mention, almost in passing, that I had slight heart problems. Seems it's more than slight; heart is functioning at 50% capability and they want that checked out first (arterial plaque, etc). That came as quite a shock, feel, and have felt fine. but, as this is serious invasive surgery I can understand they want to make sure I'm optimal, especially as the lungs aren't too good. Appointment will be some time next week.

I will be so glad when all of this is over .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #2

Re: The Latest

Good Lord Eileen, I am sorry yet in another way I think the fact they have found out and are taking action is good. I too hope it will soon be sorted for the best.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #3

Oh dear Eileen, I'm so sorry you have this setback. It is understandable the doctors and surgeons need you to be fit enough to undergo any type of surgery. I know how shocked you must be feeling at this latest news but you are a very strong lady, this is one more hurdle than you expected, so take one step at a time and you will get through this. You have very good friends in Carolyn and Christopher who, I'm sure, will support you and you will have zillions of healing vibes and support from us here.

Take care, thinking of you lots ((((hugs)))) xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #4

Oh Eileen. That must have been a terrible shock to the system. *hugs*

I guess it's as well you know now, but heart only operating at 50%? Sounds like it's been a slow degeneration - and maybe you'll be surprised at how much better you feel when it's working better.

Is it just a case of wait and see how things pan out now, as you need to wait on other departments doing their bits first?

*hugs tight*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
08-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #5

oh dear and i bet you'd hyped yourself up for going in on monday. its good that they want to check all this out before hand rather than get to the op and the possibility of a problem arise, but as you said and i firmly believe, 'your a tough old bird!!'. it must be a horrible waiting game for you, hopefully it will be all over soon. x x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #6

Thinking of you Eileen...xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #7

Oh, Eileen.
What a shock. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.
You have a whole gang of people here rooting for you and I know you are one tough woman. All the same I know emotionally this has got to be wearing, give yourself time to process and then you will be better prepared for this fight. Lots of hugs and love and purrs for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #8

Blimey Eileen, but at least they've taken the sensible option and getting the heart sorted first before going ahead with surgery. You'll feel like a new woman when this is all over Lots of love and healing vibes xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #9

Oh dear me Eileen, i'm so sorry. It is awful that the op can't go ahead but it's great that they're taking realy good care of you and making sure things will work out well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #10

That must have come as a shock Eileen, but as others have said, your medics seem to be taking great care to be aware of all possible problems, so that is reassuring. Thinking of you and sending loads of positive vibes. Kizzy and Pip also send comforting purrrrrs and head rubs. ((((HUGS))))