Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
19-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #11

Re: Hello strangers! Big news and advice needed! Eeeep!

congratulations!! no advice on planning your wedding either, i still have all that to look forward to!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
19-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #12

Congratulations! How exciting! xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #13

Congraulations. How exciting to see your plans unfurl. And Hello to the future Mr Random

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
20-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #14

Congratulations. No advice from me - if i was taking the plunge it would be a no frills "do" at the nearest registry office which is actually a lovely place situated in a Castle

The time will fly in so enjoy it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
20-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #15

Congratulations that is great news, can`t really over much adive about planning though but again a BIG Congratulations

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
21-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Hi - big congrats, how exciting. Loads of decisions to make but what fun you'll have making them.

Been a looooong time since I planned a wedding but I'm sure someone will be along with advice/suggestons very soon.

Internet/magazines always good for ideas. And of course you'll need to decide on the outfits and colour scheme for your four legged attendants
Thank you, I already have a stack of mags on the go so that's a good start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Many Congratulations!

You've got 18 months of planning ahead so enjoy all the fun.
Thank you, i'm loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
First of all, congratulations (again )

Well, my whole wedding came in at under £1000, but that was nearly 15 yrs ago lol. But some tips for you. Have a look around at local halls, pubs etc which often have a function room you can hire at very low cost or sometimes free, as long as you use their bar. Near us here in Telford is a charity shop that sells wedding dresses that are either second hand, new seconds or from shops that have closed down. All these are sold at a fraction of their original cost. Why not have a look and see what is near you. Photos, find out if any friends are handy with a camera. My aunt and BIL did ours and we had some lovely pics, and that was their gift to us

Will be back later with some more hints lol.
Thanks (again lol!) Alex, under a grand, Gregg would personally come a hug the living daylights out of you if we managed that lol! Luckily the venues where we want the reception are no too badly priced and I don't want anything too flash, somewhere in the middle but these magazines are advising 20k+ And then for those of us who live in the real world...

Yes advice would be greatly welcomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

Thank you xxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags

Many congratulations Kel, that's wonderful news!

Enjoy all the planning!
Thank you Mags it's so exciting!!!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Cannt offer any advice but a HUGE congratulations from me to you xxxx
Thank you Elaine xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
How wonderful!! Congratulations!!!!! No wedding advice at all from an old spinster (love that expression!), just loads of good wishes. I know the gang here will have some good advice as they always do!

Meanwhile, between planning. some cat pics would be nice .......
Thank you so much Eileen, I will, of course, get onto some cat pics, infact i'm off work all week so I will write it on the back of my hand now...but everyone is well and doing great, up to mischief and such as usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
congratulations!!! Being a newly we'd myself if I can be of any help just ask.

A good forum I found was www.youandyourwedding.co.uk

Loads of great advice on there..
Thanks Emma, do I remember you having bespoke rings or have I just totally made that up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Congratulations, glad you have found a keeper
Thank you xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynz85
congratulations!! no advice on planning your wedding either, i still have all that to look forward to!
Thank you, well I never thought i'd see the day I got excited about a wedding but there you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Congratulations! How exciting! xx
Thank you, it really is! I haven't calmed down yet and he asked me on Valentines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Congraulations. How exciting to see your plans unfurl. And Hello to the future Mr Random
Thank you Kaz, I will have to get a pic of us up so u all know who he is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Congratulations. No advice from me - if i was taking the plunge it would be a no frills "do" at the nearest registry office which is actually a lovely place situated in a Castle

The time will fly in so enjoy it!

Thank you. Well we are using the church we already go to and it's just a little place, I think we are going for something middle of the road, not too flash, just nice and calm and pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
Congratulations that is great news, can`t really over much adive about planning though but again a BIG Congratulations
Thank you Leesy x