Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #11

Re: More Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet.Tears
Yes everyone has asked me that but it is 4000mg of co-codomal i'm assuming they are the same. And opreprizole once a day. i was as high as a kite last night.
Co-codamol is a bit of a funny drug, neither my parents, son or friend can take it. It sent my mum and friend, funny and my son and dad were both sick.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #12

I was prescribed Co-codomol 30/500mg for severe back pain earlier this year. My prescription said to take 2 tablets four times a day which would have brought my intake up to 4,000mg a day also. I found they gave me a dizzy/sickly reaction so I cut down to 1 x 4 times a day and managed to control the pain quite well on that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
29-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #13

cocodamol is a mix of cetamol and codine. I *think* from what I remember (having been on them myself for a while last March) they are a mix of standard amount of paracetamol, plus codine of varying levels. I believe the maximum amount of codine in any of these tablets is about 30mg, and no more than 8 are to be taken in any one day.

Having looked around online a bit, all levels of strength of cocodamol have 500mg of cetamol, with variation of the amount of codine... I was a bit shocked when I saw a different dr to normal as a visiting patient at my parents surgery and she decided it was a good idea to drop me from the very highest level of cocodamol (30/500) right down to the lowest one (about 8/500)... Mind you - I was off work due to injury at this time, and the dr thought I should return as soon as OH saw me. She gave me a fortnights line to cover that time, next dr's appt the man agreed with me, and gave me another fortnight line as was to see OH that day. Saw the OH later that day, and she told me I needed to be off for at least a further 6 weeks!!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 Cats
29-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #14

Mine is 15/500. I haven't had any today as i'm still feeling dizzy off those yesterday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
29-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #15

OmErprazole are good. They will protect your digestion, your doc has given you them for that reason & help soothe & settle ulcer.

Co-codamol are not too bad. Co-drydramol are more potent. I wouldnt take anymore than one at a time. Co-drydramol are prescription only.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #16

Unfortunately, I cannot take any codeine based pills nor ibuprofen (although gel is OK). Both give me terrible stomach pain which would be enough to make me think I had an ulcer but it's just the pills. A while ago I was put on Tranexamic Acid tabs, which are known to possibly cause stomach problems so the GP gave me Lansoprazole to help. Fortunately, the transex tabs didn't cause any problems for me. Various anti-bs can cause me problems too.

Trouble is everyone is slightly different and what suits one does not suit another. Was recently prescribed another pill that caused me to become very breathless - stopped taking that!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
29-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #17

ah that makes more sense, i was worried you'd OD!! what you are taking is 15mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol, so you must not take any other paracetamol containing products, ie lemsips. (i must stop bringing my job home lol!) if you are feeling they are too strong just take one and see how that goes. hopefully the omeprazole will help! and you feel better soon!

Catsey Senior

30-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #18

Oh but still is really high, i have to be careful because of my liver

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
30-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #19

if you have liver problems, they doctor will be aware of this and think they are safe enough to take, as long as you dont take more than 8 in a day. i had to have my gallbladder out last year and before that i had a really sore attack, i had to take 60mg of codeine, probably the strongest thing i've ever had.... i think i went for a nap when they kicked in
if your worried at all, just ask your gp

Catsey Senior

30-12-2010, 01:45 AM   #20

Yeah if i'm not feeling any better by morning i shall go in but I will take just one a day and no more.