Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #1

11 weeks tomorrow

Well how time flies when you are resting its 11 weeks tomorrow since my total vertical abdominal hysterectomy.

And I'm feeling good...............honest I feel really good. My consultant was obviously right when he said I would not know how bad I was, till I was better and boy was he ever right.

Rest was the key and still is, but tomorrow I am starting swimming and now walking by myself approx 2-3 miles a day every third day. Aiming to up the miles by half so next week 3 miles every three days. I am walking slowly though, but aim to stick at 3(ish) miles every three days but decrease the time over the next 3 months.

I am also as I said starting swimming tomorrow, see where that goes. Looking at strenthening and toning. Swelly belly still in evidence and I have increased a dress size. But that will ease as I know it does slightly every night. So it will time is the key.

I hope to be able to walk Sal single handed at the end of the next three months, but at the moment the thought of something going wrong and me having to intervene in any doggie disturbance......makes me protect my tummy/wince. So she is stuck to round the block type walks with me....not big long outside walks, that we are both used to. So we are round the block five times a day girls (approx 10 minutes each walk) which are not as bad as it sounds as 10 weeks ago the thought of walking to the back gate was simply too much to even consider. So walking with a 36lb dog on the end of a lead is amazing when I could not lift a 4 pint of milk. even 8 weeks ago.

But the biggest reason for posting is to say....Thank you all for your support, help and kindness. It has been very much appreciated.

Still another 3 weeks off work then I will either go back structured return to work reduced hours or something similar see how I am...see I do not rule anything out or in these days I go with the flow.

So..................................... THANK YOU ALL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #2

Re: 11 weeks tomorrow

Good to hear you are feeling so good Kazz....Just take things carefully.....

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #3

For all of you

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Good to hear you are feeling so good Kazz....Just take things carefully.....
Thanks Moli but I have to say if I am forgoing walking Sal ....STILL....then I am being careful beyond people's wildest dreams but as I keep saying I intend to be dog walking again... not dog strolling as I am now. And am not wasting 3 months of recovery by being silly.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #5

I must say you have been very good at obeying your doctor's orders, Kazz ........ I really thought you may have slipped by the wayside once or twice

Well done to you, it's good to hear how well you are feeling now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #6

Wow - I can't believe it is 11 weeks - time does fly in.

It is so good to hear that you feel that much stronger than even 3 weeks ago. It is surprising how much that type of surgery can take out of you isn't it.

It's nice that you think we all helped keep you going but I also have to say that your courage, cheerfulness and positive attitude throughout has been inspirational - so well done you.

Three more weeks until work stats again - that'll be the next big challenge.

Catsey Veteran

06-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
It is so good to hear that you feel that much stronger than even 3 weeks ago. It is surprising how much that type of surgery can take out of you isn't it.
You arre right I had no idea how much it takes out of you......it is mind numbingly exhausting......even walking upstairs is shattering at first. And I did not realise it would be bone numbing tiredness.....for such a long time, even now I put my feet up and rest up and cannot forsee me giving that up also lie on the bed and reduce the swelly belly when overdoing it the pirranah nips to my stomach remind me to Woah and amazingly I do.

But I feel okay I would say 70% better than I did 10 weeks ago and think the recovery will be slower now but slow is good.... Yes I wrote that and think it - SLOW - is good.

Catsey Veteran

07-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #8

Yes Work will be the next challenge and I may be back to being shattered but it will be a good shattered means I am alive.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #9

good grief, 11 weeks already!! It's great to hear of the recovery you have made so far (and that you're being sensible lol). Onwards and upwards xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #10

I am so glad that you are feeling better Kazz. You have been through the mill and out the other side, gal. I am impressed that you have been so sensible and not jeopardised your recovery.

I expect that the tiredness will soon begin to put itself right as the anaesthetic is probably out of your system now. When I've had a general it's taken me about 6 weeks to recovery from that alone and I haven't had a big op like you have.

Good on yer! Soon you and Sal will be going for your proper walks again.