Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #1

Excellent news

Well Dad had his AAA operation on Friday......and no one on the ward believed he was not in his 60's he is actually 81 on 13th June, no one believed he as over 70....he is really proud of this. ...no stopping him now.

The operation he had is not usual in people his age, this is brief of the Op.. surgeon may place a stent-graft into your aorta. A stent-graft is a graft placed over an artificial piece of rigid tubing called a stent. This is a recently developed technique and isn't suitable for everyone. A small cut will be made in your groin and the stent-graft will be passed up inside one of your leg arteries until it reaches the area of your aneurysm. The stent will be positioned so that your blood vessel is repaired and the aneurysm is protected from further pressure. This method doesn't involve open surgery.

However he had the Op Friday 9.00am and guess what he came home yesterday 4.00pm......because he was up and about and eating etc......he's out in the garden now..........guess thats where I get the get up and go from......

Oh and as he was leaving the ward almost disolved into tears, this Op is life saving for my Dad as his aneurysm
had increased. Sophie(16 year old niece) went to pick her Grandad up with her Mom (my sister) and my Mom...and Dad pointed out the Consultant Mr Kira to her and Sophie without prompting...went over introduced herself and shook his hand and said "Thank you for helping my grandad....we all appreciate it more than you know, Thank you"

The nurses were choked as was Mr Kira..........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #2

Re: Excellent news

awww that's good new Kazz I am glad the op went well xxxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #3

That's excellent news, Kazz, I'm so pleased and relieved that your Dad's op went well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #4

I felt choked up reading your post Kazz, gld all went well for your Dad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #5

That's excellent news! When you say he's out in the garden I hope you mean he's taking it easy and not doing a whole lot of digging! Wish him well from me and tell your sister what lovely manners your niece has, she's obviously been very well brought up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #6

Brilliant news So glad he's come through ok, and he's def where you get it from lol x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #7

What excellent inspiring news Kazz. Please wish your Dad well from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
That's excellent news! When you say he's out in the garden I hope you mean he's taking it easy and not doing a whole lot of digging! Wish him well from me and tell your sister what lovely manners your niece has, she's obviously been very well brought up!
Thanks MrsH.....they are all good kids, and she had no pompting it was her choice...my Dad was really chuffed/proud.

No he's not digging we are laying slabs.........JOKE...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #9

So pleased at the news! You are definitely a chip off the old block, Kazz! Please give him my best wishes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
23-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #10

So pleased it all went well Kazz