Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #61

Re: K's health status

You couldn't have wished for more. Look after yourself. ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #62

Wonderful news, bless those dedicated doctors who did that amazing surgery, and yes, the donees too. K is a strong man, and I'm praying now for a good recovery. Take care, you must be physically and emotionally worn out. XXX

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #63

Absolutely wonderful news ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #64

Bless you both. It's amazing the strength we 'little humans' can muster when we absolutely must.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
13-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Wonderful news that the op went well Tink, I'm so pleased for you and K.

Thanks you James for staying with Tink throughout the night and giving her encouragement and support.... that must have helped her a lot.
Ah well. you see, I was on-call (the medical term for insomnia ) so instead of cat-napping on my pager, I thought it more useful if I supported Tink

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
14-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #66

That's brilliant news Tink. I also think James was brilliant for staying up with Tink.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
14-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
I got the first good nights sleep in weeks. I will be visiting him soon but have decided only for a few hours. No more sleeping and living at the hospital. I need to take this next month and really recharge my spirit as well.
Thanks again to you all. Lots of love that I cannot even express.
Tink, you are a rock and K is truly a tough cookie I am aware of the tremendous ordeal his body will have endured, just with the surgery alone. I am impressed that they manged to spare his sternum. The great thing is, when surgeons are so good, they renew one's faith in the medical profession, which so often has been devalued by the poor medics who would have been better employed selling ice cream.

You now deserve a rest for both body and mind and you will be able to rest more easily knowing that K (with a little help from his friends) has done so well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #68

Sending you both very best wishes from the UK. Hopefuly Tink you will be able to rest a bit and recharge your batteries, as you realise it's vital to look after yourself.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-02-2010, 04:13 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Ah well. you see, I was on-call (the medical term for insomnia ) so instead of cat-napping on my pager, I thought it more useful if I supported Tink
It was most appreciated--truly!!
I came back from a brief visit (a little over two hours) and he looks AMAZING. Better than even the initial surgeries that were supposed to be routine and nothing out of the ordinary...this against all odds outcome has changed so much. He is positively glowing.
Of course it is still a long road to recovery but now that I have perspective of truly horrific circumstances (last year's ordeal), this is such a surprising relief. Even his spirits seem good. I am just so pleased.
And limiting myself and putting myself first for a change has made a tremendous difference. I feel much more balanced at home and better able to take care of everyone here and the house itself.
Best day ever.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #70

Attagirl! Great news Tink. More ((((HUGS)))) from me and comforting purrrrs from Kizzy and Pip for you and K.