Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
31-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #1

If you've been wondering ....

Where I've been ( or not ) just to let you know I haven't forgotten you.

On Jan 15th I had the shocking discovery of my better half, Ceri, on the kitchen floor, face down, but thankfully able to stand up after me shouting at him and bringing him round. He had right-sided weakness and was very confused.A 999 ambulance was called and the rest of the day was spent in A&E and the medical assessment unit; CT scan, bloodtests, lumbar punctures, MRI scans followed. We finally discovered he's had a very rare stroke affecting his thalamus and parietal lobe. Physically ok, he's still very confused and has no short term memory to speak of, calls me by different names and has very little recall of memories of our life together.

I've taken photos and other things to help,ie, music and books but he's non-plussed by it all. It's very distressing for him and me and the family. Although he's now on a rehab ward for cognitive therapy, he doesn't understand why he needs to be in hospital.

My life is so mixed up at the moment, and hectic,please forgive me if I don't post much but keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I have faith in the power of love and hope that will see us through this awful time.

Posh is missing her Dad's lap and getting a bit of spoiling from me. She's lost her big furry pal Bron on Dec 29th and now this, poor lamb! She hates it when I'm gone visiting, thinks she's been abandoned!

I'll try and pop on Catsey when I can but my time is limited now. God Bless you all.xxx
Annette/ Poshpuss.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #2

Re: If you've been wondering ....

I am terribly sorry to hear this, must be very distreessing indeed. My thoughts and best wishes are with you all xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
31-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #3

Oh my word!!!
I am so sorry to hear of all that has happened to you over the last few weeks I am sending you some ((hugs)) and will be keeping you and Ceri in my thoughts and prayers xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
31-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #4

Best wishes to you and hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
31-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #5

What a terrible thing for you to go through, wishing you all the very best, try & be strong & things will be ok I'm sure. Take care & thanks for taking the time to post on Catsey . Thinking of you. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #6

I'm very sorry to hear about Ceri, PP. My best wishes to you both. I do hope that things improve. Please give Posh a cuddle from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
31-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #7

Oh Annette! I'm so sorry you've all been going through such a rough time of it recently. Thinking of you and sending lots of virtual hugs xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #8

What a terrible shock. Strokes are terrible things, I hope his confusion passes. Take care of yourself Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #9

So sorry to hear this PP, what a terrible shock for you

My thoughts are with you both and healing wishes to Ceri for a complete recovery...xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #10

Thoughts and hugs with you...xx