Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #11

Re: Hamsterlopedia

I am so appalled by this book, I actually have the rabbitlopedia, catlopedia and doglopedia, I use them for my course work, I dont remember reading anything like this in the others but am going to check. I also want to do something about this kind of content, not sure what, because its so bloody draconian. For me to tap a hamster on the nose would be like smacking a dog and I do not tolerate either. This only instill fear and causes pain to the animal who cannot associate the punnishment with the crime.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #12

Sounds incredible that they can print this!!!

But people still see this as being correct - when I was having problems with Chloe peeing on my carpet the amount of people that said "rub her nose in it and smack her".....

Shocking.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Sounds incredible that they can print this!!!

But people still see this as being correct - when I was having problems with Chloe peeing on my carpet the amount of people that said "rub her nose in it and smack her".....

Shocking.
I know Donna, people still say these things to me about Eva pooping on the floor. I swear here and now that I'd hit them if they ever tried to disipline any of my animals in that manner.
The fact that this is printed in a book really worries me though coz it tell's people that it is ok to strike an animal. Do baby books instruct mums to strike babies? I dont think so. And if we are to move forward as a so called "Nation of animal lovers" then books like this have no place on the bookshelf.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I know Donna, people still say these things to me about Eva pooping on the floor. I swear here and now that I'd hit them if they ever tried to disipline any of my animals in that manner.
The fact that this is printed in a book really worries me though coz it tell's people that it is ok to strike an animal. Do baby books instruct mums to strike babies? I dont think so. And if we are to move forward as a so called "Nation of animal lovers" then books like this have no place on the bookshelf.
Is there any Agencies that things like this can be reported to?

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Is there any Agencies that things like this can be reported to?

I dont know but I will find out.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
10-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #16

I don't have this book but was actually thinking of getting it (along with guinea piglopedia i think its called) but don't know whether I will now.